CHAPTER 13

A Second Chance In Love

After what feel like half hours, I start to get worry and impatient. I haven't seen any of the nurses are the doctors that attended to EJ. I just pray his arm isn't broken, I hope he's OK.

Leslie manage to calm Lilly down, they are still here. I look over on them and Lilly was in Leslie arms deep asleep and Leslie look tired. I'm really greatful for the company but I'm not that selfish to keep them here. Logan is on his way here and I don't want Leslie to have any thoughts about us.

"Leslie you can take Lilly home, I'll be fine" I weakly say.

"No I'm not leaving until EJ is OK" she disagree with me.

"I'll call you when he's out just take Lilly home, she's very tired and so are you" I protest

"No Brook, I can't just leave, I--

" I'll be fine, my Sister and brother will be here soon " I lie.

She heaved a sigh looking down on Lilly then back to me.

"Ok I'll go but call me as soon as you hear anything OK" she say standing up

"I will" I assure her.

"Ok sweetheart, I'm sorry I drag you to the park and now EJ is hurt"

"Stop blaming yourself Leslie and you didn't drag me there, now take Lilly home and get some rest" I say hugging them both.

She oblige and leave shortly. I pace back on forth, looking down the hallway but no sign of doctors or nurses. My head feel heavy and hurt, my tears wouldn't stop and I just feel f**k up. EJ as never got any hurt like that before, its just so hard to deal with. The way he was curled up on the ground, holding his arm and crying, just pain my heart.

"Brook" he call breaking my thoughts.

I couldn't believe how happy I was to see him, to hear is voice. His blue eyes full of worries and I couldn't stop myself from running Into his arms.

"I messed up" I cry hugging him tighter.

"What happen?" He ask rubbing my back..

"It's EJ, I wasn't watching him and he fell, hurting his arm. I don't know if its broken and I ju---

" Shhh take it easy, he will be OK.... He has to" his voice sound crack.

I let myself stay in his arms, forgetting how wrong it is but I just need the comfort right now. He's the only person who can let me feel relax and I don't know why or how? We were in silence as his hands slowly rub up and down my back.

"Have you eaten?" He ask breaking the silence between us.

"No" I reply

"Want anything?" He ask looking down on me.

"I want EJ to be OK"

"Me too and he will" he reply.

Before anyone of us speak, a female doctor walk up to us and I quickly approach her.

" Is my son OK? Can I see him?" I ask at once.

"He's doing well now, gladly he didn't get an broken arm. His left arm is Sprain causing him alot of pain. I've given him some pain medicine and place his arm in a sling--

" Thank god he's OK " I say relief.

"He will be OK, I'll be prescribing some medication for him, so he'll be good in no time." she smile