CHAPTER 6

A Second Chance In Love

"Then After Tom’s drink was over he looked behind and thought Tim was really behind but really he wasn't. So he sat on a stump and was playing with a twig.
A few minutes later Tim crossed the finish line and he won the race. As soon as Tom found out the news he wasn't mad he congratulated his brother and they lived happily ever after."
____________

"The end!" I announce to EJ.

"One more please mommy" he beg.

He's so adorable but it's pass his bed time and he have to wake early in the morning. I would have to read him a story before he go to bed but tonight he want extra. I hate to see him sad but still I can't let him have all that he want and the day I had with dad, I'm exhausting and need rest.

"Baby its pass your bed time, I'll read you another tomorrow" I assure him

"Mom I don't want to sleep" he whine

"EJ you have to, maybe this will help"  I smile putting the story book a way.

I lay in his small bed and pull him into my arms, he feel so soft and gentle, I just love him and wish Ethan.... God! I need to stop holding on to Ethan, he's gone and not coming back. The thought remind me of Logan and I can't help thinking he's hiding something from me.

His reaction was weird when I asked about Ethan. I just wish I could know something so It could ease my curiosity. If he won't tell me then I'll just ask Craig. EJ softly snoring snap me out of my thoughts and I kiss his forehead before heading to my room.

____

Following morning I wake up with the sunlight shinning in my eyes. I cringe, rolling over to get my eyes open properly. I stretch over for my phone to check the time and I sigh in relief when I notice I woke early.

I get of the bed and quickly made it, after I pull  up the blinds more so the room could brighten up. After having a hard time catching EJ for his bath, I make him bacon, with egg and warm milk for breakfast. He eat quietly downstairs while I head to my room to get dress.

I put on a tight black pencil skirt with a red cute work blouse. I tuck the blouse neatly in my skirt then slide into my black pumps. I did my hair and make up after my bath so I was fully ready to go.

"Bye honey" I kiss EJ's on his cheeks after walking him to class.

"Bye mom" he  beam and head off to class...

I find myself staring at my little man growing up so fast, I did a really good job taking care of him alone. I never imagine my life as a single parent, I just wish he was here. I feel tears forming Into my eyes and I quickly walk to my car before ruining my make up.

I just wish the pain could at least heal by now...

**

I decide to stop by Craig office before heading to mine. I don't know if I should talk to him about Ethan but I just can't help the feeling thinking they might related to him. The elevator door open on the twentieth floor and I walk down to his office.

"Good morning is Mr Johnson in?" I ask his secretary that I don't have much like for.

"Yes he is" she reply bitting on her pen.

I wonder how she feel comfortable wearing such clusters clothing and so much make up. Those eye lashes are way to long, looks longer than the first one. Behind her make up I'm sure there's a beautiful lady but she use make up to hide it. I use make up but I don't plaster it all over my face. I snap from my thoughts when I hear the door buzz and Craig walking out with his briefcase in hand.

"Going somewhere?" I ask

"Good morning Brook, yea I'm leaving" he reply as we walk back to the elevator.

"What? Why? Where?" Those three "w" came out.

"Logan was supposed to go to England at the other company to settle some business but he asked me to go instead"

"So how long would you be gone?"

"Not long just two weeks I think, miss me already" he chuckle.

"No..no Just... Can I asked you something?"

He look really hasty but I just want to know. I didn't know how to start, he look at me impatiently while I try plotting it in my head how to ask him about my dead boyfriend. Just as I'm about to ask I get distract by a pair off blue eyes getting off the elevator.

"Good morning" he simply greets

"Good morning" both Craig and I reply.

"I thought you left already" he turn to Craig.

"Was just about to...  See you in two weeks Brook" he say giving me a quick hug

"Bye" I weakly smile patting his shoulder.

He leave on the elevator and I find my self staring, I can't believe I won't see him until two weeks time. I can't wait that long to find out what I need to know.

"Don't you have work to do?" He speak breaking my thoughts

"Don't you?" I blurt out without thinking

"Excuse me! I'm the boss here" he snap.

"I'm aware" I snap back

Without waiting for his reply I walk off to the other elevator, a few employees were whispering and I hear him scold at them. I really don't give a shit if he fire me, it would do me much good because I wouldn't have to be seeing the image of Ethan everyday.

Gosh! it  hurts.... It hurts so bad to be in so much pain, I've never experience losting someone this close to me until Ethan die. I love him so much but I wish I could stop holding on to him now but I can't. I can't help crying each time I remember him, I can't get a good sleep since he past on and I can't move on.  I didn't even know I was crying until I feel the hot tears running down my cheeks.

I'm tired of crying, I tired of the headache, I'm just tired..... When I walk into my office, I put my bag away and got some napkins to clean my face up. I need to think straight to do all this work but its so damn hard. The buzzing at the door surprise me and for a sec I thought Craig come back until I look at the monitor and see who it was.

"You were rude" he start off

"So were you, not because you're the boss doesn't mean you shouldn't show respect to others" I say aloud.

I was angry at him, at Ethan, and at the pain I'm feeling. He stand silent staring at me, his expression is unknown and he bite hard on his bottom lips as if he's holding back what he want to say. Ethan always does that now I'm fricking freaking out.

"He's my brother" he mutter I could hardly hear.

"What?" I was shock did he just say....

"Ethan he's my twin brother" he say much clearer breaking our eyes contact.

The next word got stuck in my throat... Did I hear him right?

_______
Vote
Comments
Share.

The for reading....