CHAPTER 2

A Second Chance In Love

By the third day at work I was getting on by myself, Craig has showed me alot the past two days. I've been extremely lonely being up here by myself, I haven't met the bigger boss as yet. Craig said he'll be in by the end of the week due to business he had to deal with overseas.

Craig visit me multiple times of the days which I'm greatful for. I can't believe how much they have lost while the previous accountants was here. He told me alot about that along with other things about the Company.

I was busy checking up the amount of money owed by several different companies. Seriously this is a tough job but I enjoy doing it. I hear the buzzer to my office and I peek on the monitor which reveal Craig face.

I quickly buzz him in...

"So how's everything going on?" He ask plopping in the sofa.

"Great, just great" I sigh tiredly

"Why not take a break? I'm actually going out for  lunch, mine joining me?"

I admit he had a charming smile but ain't gonna sweep me off my feet. He's not sexy enough with that sexy muscular body, blue eyes, sexy lips and cream skin tone. He's just not Ethan.

Am I ever gonna move on and let go off Ethan?

"Lunch would be fine" I quickly reply before tears start rolling down my cheeks.

"Great hope you like sea food" he say getting up.

"My favourite" I reply packing my things away

"Really! Mine too"

Oh I wish Ethan was here, he love seafood as much as I do. Only God knows how much I missed him.

Don't cry Brook, be Strong....

**

The day ran off smoothly, lunch was great with Craig. He's a good listener and very funny, I must admit he did let me blush a couple times. I quickly pack my things away watching the white clock on the wall.

EJ must be miserable and fussy because I'm gonna be late to pick him up. I lock up my cabin and quickly made it to the elevator  As soon as it stop I quickly head out. I feel my head jerk and then I realize I've bump into someone.

"Watch it!" His voice full of venom.

"I'm sorry" I mutter

There was no reply, I finally look up and see the male figure walking to the elevator. My mind flick back to picking up EJ and I turn on my heel out.

I park up in front of EJ school which is empty just a few cars is in the parking lot. I quickly unbuckle my seat belt and walk into the school compound. I reach the door to his classroom and see he is the only child in class, playing all by himself in the corner of the class room.

"My poor baby" I sadly say pushing the door open.

"I'm so sorry Mrs Cole, work took up my time" I apologize to EJ's teacher.

"That's OK Miss Francis, Ethan didn't gave much trouble today" she smile looking over on him.

"Mommy! What took you so long?" A sad expression mix with anger on his face running into my arms.

"I'm so sorry baby, Mommy won't be Late again" I hug him tightly peppering him with kisses.

We tell Mrs Cole goodbye on our way home, EJ was going on and on a bout school today and some girl he shared him juice with. I smile looking down on him amusingly.