CHAPTER 5

A Second Chance In Love

"Do you know Ethan Johnson?" I repeat seeing how dumbstruck he was.

"What is it to you?" He finally answer.

"Just that you look like him so much" I softly say.

His blue eyes soften and his eyes stare deep into mine, my heart feel heavy waiting on his answer. If he do then EJ would finally know his father side of family. He wouldn't have to be sad about not having a dad when he meet his family. He's too young to understand his father die so I'll wait until he's a bit bigger to understand.

My heart move each time he asked for his father or why don't he have a dad like the other kids? I just couldn't explain but if Logan and Craig are his uncle's then they could help me explain to him what happened to his Father. I could finally visit his grave...

"People do look a like" was all he say before disappearing in his office.

I have a deep feelings he knows something, the way his eyes soften when I ask and he was completely zone out a bit. I walk back to my cabin and did as much work to keep my mind occupy.

***

"I hate hospital, seriously Brook, why did you talked us into coming here?" Bridget whine as we walk down the hospital corridor.

"Stop complaining Bridget, we are not staying long" I sigh

"Why would he want to see us any way? After he just left us" Brandon grumble.

Not that I am exciting or anything to visit our dad, but he is sick and he begged mom to asked us to visit him. I really don't know what to say to him when we get there but I hope it over soon. I walk up to the front desk and approach the beautiful blonde nurse at the front desk.

"Hello, my name is Brook Francis and I'll like to visit my.... Errol Francis" I say, not wanting to say dad.

"Oh sure you can, he's on second floor.... Room 39, just sign your signature and time of visit then you can go" she reply handing me a pen and a long log book.

I sign for my siblings and myself then hand her back the book with her pen.

"thank you" I reply nicely.

I take the lead, Brandon walk close behind me with his eyes glue to him phone and Bridget slowly lingering cursing under her breath. I decide not to pay her much attention even though she has a right to because dad really hurt us when he left us especially mom.

We reach up on the second floor and walk  to the room that Mark "39". I take in a deep breath and look at Brandon on Bridget with a " are you guys ready " look. Brandon slightly nod while Bridget just shrug her shoulder frowning.

"Promise we won't stay long and we are doing this for mom" I assure them.

"Let's go and get it over with then" Bridget roll her eyes.

"Bridget please don't attack him in there, he his sick and mom asked us to be nice just do Your best" I plead with her.

"Ok OK I'll try" she roll her eyes again.