CHAPTER 18

A Second Chance In Love

I slowly open my eyes looking around the unfamiliar room I'm in. It is spacious with all light brown furniture's, the bed I'm on is soft and comfortable. My mind flash back what happened at my car and I jump off the bed. I've been kidnapped... But who would kidnap me and bring me to a place like this without tying me up?

My question answers as I hear the door open and the person walking in. He look like  hell, he need shaving and those bags under his eyes... Have he been crying? My heart thumbing in my chest looking at him.

"Why did you kidnap me? Do you want to go to jail?" I snap at him.

"I'm sorry but I just had to, you weren't picking my calls, you didn't show up at work and it's been three weeks.... I need to talk to you" he choke out.

"I want to be left alone Logan- Ethan, whatever you're called" I yell at him.

"Please Brook just listen to me, after I'm done talking... You can hate me, avoid me, do whatever but please don't keep EJ from me" he plead.

My eyes start gathering tears just by looking at him, listening to him. I want him to comfort me but I am so angry with him, I just want to slap him so hard. I want him to feel the pains he put me through but still I want to know why he did what he did.

I walk back to the bed and sit, careless its his bed. He take a seat at the edge of the bed and staring Into my eyes. Pain, worries and sadness flashing through his eyes makes me want reach out to him.

"I'm listening" I say curtly

"Brook I'm so sorry, I didn't tell you everything about me when we met. I know it was dangerous to be with you but I just couldn't let you go. I moved to Cape Town after having an big argument with my father. He cheated on my mom and cause them to divorce." I listen as he speaks without saying a word.

"I was angry at him so I spite him by moving far away from him because I knew he would want me to follow in his foot steps and run his businesses. When I came to Cape Town, I made friend with a Mexican Mafia leader name stone.

"Oh my god!" I gasp. That man is lethal, he didn't have mercy on anyone.

"I know, I became his right hand, we did alot of bad things that I regret... I just didn't care at the time, I wanted to punished dad and I didn't care if my life was taken until I met you. The day you ran into my car, I was angry at you but that day I couldn't stop thinking about you and then you became mine."

"But you were the owner of that mechanic shop... How could you be working for someone like stone?" I questions

"That shop was to cover my tracks from the police Incase they investigate about my money. After meeting you everything change, I wanted to left the mafia but I know it would be dangerous. I couldn't let you meet my friends because I didn't want them to know about you to hurt you when I decided to leave.

That morning when I got the call after we made love the last time, it was stone. I wanted to tell him I quit all week but that day I decided to tell him. When I reached his house I told him, I'm quitting and he was angry. He then said I should do one last job for him which I agreed. I travel with Julius one of the mafia, on the way he got a call and he was acting weird. He said Stone change the location so he gave me the address to go."

My head was spinning hearing all these things.  I was with a Mafia all these time, my life could have been in danger. I jut can't believe he hide this from me. I was livid but I let him continue.

"Julius was eyeing me weirdly and I knew he was up to something. He pulled his gun at me and ordered me to continue driving which I obliged. I started to speed then hit the breaks and the car ran out off control. Julius tried to reached  for his gun to killed me but I was quicker than him. I killed him first, I knew Stone wouldn't stop until I'm dead and I couldn't let him know about you. I switched clothes with Julius, we were same size, same hair color. After that I set the car on fire and left" his eyes full of regrets.

"You could have told me Ethan, is that even your name" I say angrily.

"It's my middle name, after I left England to CT.  I changed my identification. I dye my hair blonde and use my middle name... After I fake my death, I called my dad for help. He had alot of connections so that's when I met detective Turner. She helped me out of the country and I asked her to look after you. I should have come back for you Brook but I didn't know how"

"So all that detective Turner said was a lie... Why didn't you tell me when we first met here? You lied to me again saying you are you're twin brother. You made me looked crazy, you knew who I was all along but you still watched me suffered for losing you. I couldn't sleep for that three years until Now, I couldn't eat properly, I have EJ alone Ethan. Do you know how it's painful when he asked about you?" I cry.

"Brook I'm sorry, I didn't know you were pregnant... I regret my decision running away leave you but Know you'll be safer without me." He say holding my hands but I pull away walking to the large window in his room.

"That day at the park, you ran again... You ran from EJ when he asked about his father. You leave me again on my own, why? I didn't deserve this, all I show you is love... I never stop loving you, I never let anyone else close to me because I couldn't let you go" I sob

My eyes blurry because of the amount of tears pouring out. I can't believe he's here all along, I cried in vain. I have sleepless night because he was selfish.

"I didn't know how to tell you Brook... I know I would eventually and I know how freak out you would be. That day when I heard EJ asked for me, I just couldn't stuck around. I couldn't just blurted out to you, I was scared Brook.... My apologies isn't enough but please I need your forgiveness, I need you and EJ in my life. I need a second chance in love" he plead turning me to face him.

I missed his touch, I missed his lips, I missed him and I'm f**king crazy.

"It's not that simple Et-logan, I don't even know what to call you" I pull away from him.

"Call me whatever baby, it's me Logan Ethan Johnson... The man you always love and the father of your child.. I'll do whatever it takes just to be with you and my son.  I love you Brook... I never stop" he say pulling me back to him.

Tears dripping from my face  and I allow him to wipe it away. I want him in my life and EJ's as well but I still need time. He hurt me, he lied to me but I understand why he did what he did. He would've died for real or even me... He wouldn't be here right now. Without thinking I wrap my hands around his neck and sob in his shoulder. I feel his hands on my waist pulling me close.

"I'm really sorry baby, apologies aren't enough but I'm really sorry" he breath out in my hair.

"I need time to accept you back in my life Ethan" I said pulling away

"Take the time you need, I'll wait on you"

"Give me time to talk to EJ about you and then you can see him"

"Thanks Brook" he say  hugging me.

After pulling from his hug, he hand me my car keys and walk me out. I drive home trying to make up my mind on what to do.

A Second Chance In Love...

_____

Thanks for reading...