CHAPTER 28

A Second Chance In Love

The day so far is frustrated, my mind keep thinking about Ethan and his dad discussion. They haven't come back to the office and he haven't call either. Its almost my lunch time but here I am not feeling hungry and staring on my laptop screen blankly.

In seconds a find myself at Ethan office door wondering what's the password to enter. Why am I even going in there? I'm just worried about him out there and hoping he's not hurt. I need something to calm my thinking, maybe his sweet scent from his office would help.

"He's not back" I hear a deep voice startling me.

"You scared the crap out of me" I hold on to my chest, staring in Craig.

"I'm sorry... Did you want something from his office? I can get it for you" he offer putting in the password on the device attached to Ethan cabin.

"No not at all.... You know his password?" I ask following inside.

Just as I thought, Ethan powerful aroma stuff my nostril. I inhale as much as I could, his office is sparkling clean as always.

"He only gave me it because he want me to get something from his office.... He'll change it as soon as he return" Craig chuckle

"Oh... Wanna grab lunch after you're finish?" I ask trying to find a distraction from my heavy thinking.

"Uhmmm I don't think that's a great ideas Brook" he say awkwardly scratching the nape of his neck.

"Why are you avoiding me? What did I do?"

He continue digging into to the draw of Ethan desk then pull out a white envelope. Still avoiding my question he close the draw and I step in front of him.

"Why don't you want to hang out with me anymore?"

"I'm not avoiding you--

"Then what is it?" I snap

"Ok fine I'll tell you.... Logan told me to stay away from you, I didn't know you belongs to him and he told me about you and that I should keep my mouth shut"

"You knew all along about Ethan and I?" I ask softly

"Yes but I couldn't tell you... I promise I wouldn't"

"But I'm your friend Craig, how could you not tell me?" I semi shout at him.

"Logan is my brother and I couldn't let him down again..... I'm sorry" he apologise.

Craig knew about Ethan and I all along. Its just shocking that we hang out so much and he knew who I was. I'm not mad at him, Ethan is his brother and he made a promise that he kept.

"I'm not mad at you" I smile patting his shoulder.

"Thank you" he smile back

"Now stop avoiding me and let's go for lunch and I'm not taking no for an answer" I say dragging him out the door.

"Bossy much" he laugh

"Hell yea"

_____

Later that evening, EJ and I made dinner since the maids are still on break. Ethan still hasn't come home and I keep getting voicemail from his phone. My heart beating fast in my chest thinking of him getting hurt. This  feeling felt like the day I got the called from the detective about his death. My phone blast to life causing me to jump furiously.