until next time, my friend

Rain drops made gentle thuds against the windows. The windshield wipers screeched against the glass. The atmosphere was as dreary as the unfortunate circumstances they faced.

One manicured hand was clutched tight on the clammy leather of the wheel, the other resting in his palm. They hadn't been back in states for very long. It had been about a week or so, but they were being seperated again.

Rehab was mandatory, although it would be painful to not see him for some time. She knew the destructive cycle he had found himself in would only spiral farther out of control.

She turned into the lot, and parked her car in front of the doors of the rehab center. She let out a deep breath, and shut off the car. The two sat there, the only noise the rain assaulting the glass windows and shield. Neither of them wanted to say goodbye, but it was inevitable.

"I don't want you walking me inside. Its better if you just stay here." He croaked, turning his head towards her. He looked like a train wreck, his blonde hair in knots, and his skin almost translucent, desperately clinging to his bones.

Her heart broke at the sight of him. It only reminded her of the hole he had dug for himself. She merely nodded, her throat closing. She removed her hand from his, and hesitantly leaned in, and pressed her warm lips against his. The soft, loving kiss made him feel slight optimism, but it was stupid, just dumb happiness.

She brought both hands to his gaunt face, her thumbs stroking his skin affectionately. He sighed, leaning in to kiss her again, but with much more passion. Her hands were still planted firmly on the sides of his face.

He pulled away, and smiled sadly.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Julia." He breathed, shutting his eyes, and leaning his forehead against hers. Her doll-like lips twisted into a frown. "I'll miss you too." She whispered simply, tears prickling her eyes, and making them gleam like two sapphires.

"Don't worry, time will fly. Alright?" She assured, smiling slightly. Kurt nodded, and tore his frame away from hers. His gaze remained fixed on her. He wanted to soak in every single detail of her he could, and try to use his memories to help him survive rehab.

"I love you, now go, before I drive you away." She said, winking at him. He cracked a half smile, and slowly pushed the car door open, rain immediately falling down onto him.

He dragged himself each step as he inched closer to the doors of the rehab facility. Julia, likewise, was fighting like hell not to drag him back into the car. Just as he was reaching the doors, he turned around, and caught her longing, tearful stare through the passenger side window.

He brought his fingers to his lips, a blew a soft kiss towards Julia. Amidst the suffocating anguish she was experiencing, she managed to let out a grand laugh through her tears as he blew the kiss her way, a slight smile still fixed on his face.

He crossed the threshold of the rehab center, and forever left the life of Julia Kassel.