junky love

Dave hadn't felt the same since his blowout/confession with Julia. He felt ill with disgust in himself for hurting her so badly. He had already accepted what he had done years prior, but hearing everything from her again, it mercilessly pushed all the sickening guilt full force.

But as twisted as it sounds, hearing the words "I love you," slip from her mouth made his heart swell. She still had the same effect on him as always.

Julia hadn't felt the same either. She found herself wallowing in the same depression that she had experienced after he broke her heart. It felt like that same weight had returned to her shoulders, dragging her down once again.

The only thing keeping her adrift that day was Kurt. It was his 27th birthday.

They were on a short break from the tour, only for a few days. Julia had spent the free time reading, writing, and thinking. She was in her own personal hell, picturing what could've been between her and Dave, over and over again. She hadn't felt so stupid and delusional in a long time.

She knew it was the worst thing she could do, drowning in her destructive thoughts, but she couldn't stop. She imagined her and Dave living in a bigger apartment, her and Dave making love, her and Dave getting married.

Her poor brain had produced every possible scenario between them, and each time, her heart sank lower and lower. Today, she knew she needed to stop sulking, and celebrate with Kurt.

The startling ring of the telephone disrupted her thought process. She shuffled over to the phone. "Hello?" She said, lifting her voice.

"Hi doll." Kurts raspy voice said on the other line. Julia immediately smiled slightly, feeling a bit happier. "Hey, birthday boy." She teased, knowing she'd get a rise out of him.

"Shut up.." He grumbled. She laughed, eventually sighing. "How are you?" She asked, smiling. "I'm ok. How about you?" "I'm fine. So, do you wanna come over to my place? I've got a gift for you." "Of course. Fran's with Courtney, so it all works. I'll be there soon. I love you." He said sweetly. Julia blushed warmly.

"Love you more."

She hung up the phone, before looking down at herself. She donned a tattered Bad Brains shirt, and a grey pair of underwear. Her honey blonde hair was pulled up into a messy ponytail. She wrinkled her nose, and hurried to her closet to change.

She picked out some black leggings, and a striped red shirt, with a wool cardigan. It surely wasn't an elegant outfit, but it was nice enough, and still casual and comfy. She changed out of her clothes, and into the new ones.

After changing, she let her hair out of the ponytail, and brushed it. She felt satisfied with her self. She looked around the apartment, which was rather messy, but she felt like she had done enough by getting ready.

So she plopped down on the sofa, and anxiously awaited for Kurt to knock on her door.

After ten minutes of watching the door like a guard dog, she heard a soft knock. A grin spread across her face. She leaped up eagerly, and bound to the door. She pulled it open, and going herself into Kurts scrawny arms.

He laughed, his heart melting as soon as she wrapped her arms around him. "How are you?" He asked, pulling out of her grip, and cupping her face. "Ok. How about you?"

"Same as always." He muttered, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. She blushed, simply shaking her head. She then led him inside.

"How does it feel to be twenty seven?" She asked, returning to her spot on the sofa. He chuckled in amusement, sitting down beside her. "It feels the same." He said, shrugging. "So you don't feel like an old geezer?" She teased, elbowing him.

He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Yeah Jules, you're gonna have to put me in a home pretty soon." He said, draping his legs across her lap, and resting his head on the arm of the couch.

She giggled, and reached for the remote, her fingers wiggling as she tried to stretch farther to it, nearly falling off the sofa. "You good?" He asked, smirking. She giggled harder, out of breath from her near mishap.

She turned on the tv, and flipped through many channels, before Kurt cried out. "Its over the edge! I love this!" He exclaimed. Julia found amusement in his child like excitement over the movie.

"Kurt, this looks boring." She whined, frowning. "Its my birthday. We're watching it." He said, his eager blue eyes already glued to the television. She sighed, and began to watch.

An hour had passed, and Julia hadn't found the movie entertaining yet.

She gently intertwined her pinky finger with Kurts. His attention on the movie faltered a bit. He smiled to himself, and took her hand completely, rubbing soft circles into her palm.

This made things much more bearable.

The movie finally ended, the credits beginning to role. "Finally..." She muttered, exasperated. Kurt gasped, and shot up. "How did you not like that?" He asked, pulling his hand away from hers, and throwing his arms up. She stiffled a giggle.

"I just didn't find it entertaining." She shrugged, struggling to keep a neutral facial expression. "You didn't fucking find it entertaining? They locked everyone in a school for godsakes!" He cried, shaking her by her shoulders.

She finally snapped, and began to laugh hysterically, tipping her blonde head back. "You're such a dork!" She managed in between giggles. He was a junky for her laugh. It was calming to his ears. It made his heart melt.

"Bitch.." He muttered, letting himself smile slightly. She finally calmed down from her laughing fit, and threw her arms around his neck.

"I know you love me."

"Yeah, whatever."