23

January 14, 1992
"David." Julia's voice sang, tapping my cheek. My eyes opened to her hovering over me, strands of her blonde hair tickling my face. "Hi birthday boy." She giggled, kissing me lightly. "Do you feel 23 yet?" She asked. I chuckled. "Not yet."

"Thank you, Julia. I love you." She smiled and kissed my forehead. She took me out to breakfast to celebrate. "Dave!" She squealed as I smeared whipped cream across her nose. I laughed. She shot me a playful look, then wiped it away.

Im so lucky that I get to spend my birthday with this amazing girl. She's so, so good to me. After breakfast, Kurt wanted us to come over. After we made a scene in the diner by having our small food fight, we headed off.

"Hey grandpa." Krist teased, elbowing me as I stepped inside. I scoffed. Kurt came in. "Hey guys." He smiled slightly, hugging us both. I had kept Dave's gift at Kurts place, because I know dave is sneaky. Courtney was there too, and shelli. I'm not quite sure what Kurt and Courtneys relrelationship is.

They seem very drawn to each other, but I dont know if their actually together, or just crushing.

Their personalities are polar opposites. Courtney is loud, wild, and rather abrasive. Kurt on the other hand, he's quiet, shy, and not very open about his feelings. Nontheless, I'm glad Courtney is in his life. Shes someone I trust.

"How was Virginia?" Shelli asked. "It was pretty great." I smiled, not wanting to bring up the fight that Dave and I had. The fight put a damper on things, but I wasn't lying about our stay being good.

"Ok, presents!" Krist announced, coming down the hallway. Dave was sitting on the coffee table, his legs crossed. Gift bags surrounded him. "Ok, I'll open the big one first." He laughed, grabbing the bag. The first thing he pulled from it was a plain red card with balloons on the front.

"Have a happy birthday with Jules. We love you. From, krist and shelli." Dave shot them a gracious look before taking out drumsticks, then more drumsticks, and then 3 more sets of them, and several packs of gum.

"The David Eric Grohl starter pack." Krist smirked. Dave laughed loudly, then hugged krist and shelli. "Ok ill open.." He paused, scratching his chin. "This one." He announced, picking up a bag. He pulled out the card, which said "happy day of birth -Courtney" in scraggly writing.

Dave giggled, then pulled another envelope out, which just had 50 dollars. "Thanks, court." Dave smiled, hugging her. "Jules? Where's your fucking gift?" Courtney shouted. I was snickering on the sofa. "Dave, you've gotta wear this." Kurt said, putting the black sleeping mask over his eyes.

"Julia, did you get us a threesome?" I gasped and elbowed him before going into Kurts room with krist, where I had stored the drums. "Ok, team lift." We carried the massive box of the dismembered drum set into the living room.

"Ok, take it off." Dave ripped off the mask, his eyebrows furrowed as he cut the box open with some scissors Courtney gave him. He clamped a hand over his mouth when he saw the teal blue set. I think I could even see tears in his eyes.

"I fucking love you." He said, kissing me hard. "Thank you so, so, so much." I blushed and held his hand. I loved seeing him so happy. He then opened Kurts present, which had a few albums.

We also had a chocolate cake. "Dave, its all over your chin." I laughed, wiping it off. He glared at me, then took my face in his hands

"Its you I love."