wildest dreams

December 25th, 1992
"Jules, wakey wakey!" Dave's soft voice said in my ear. I groaned and for deeper under the grey blankets. He laughed and got further down with me.

"Its Christmas." "I don't care. I wouldn't get up if it was the end of the world." I said dramatically. Even I knew that wasn't the truth.

He laughed harder and let his fingers wander into my pajama shorts. "I'll give you a little gift right now if you get up." He purred in my ear, teasing my womanhood with his fingers.

I exhaled and finally opened my eyes up. He smirked, victory shining in his brown eyes. He tried removing his hand, but I grasped onto his arm. "Please keep going, Dave. I'll pay you back." I begged, staring into him.

"Later. We've gotta go downstairs." He said, a smug smile of satisfaction on his face. I rolled my eyes and kicked the blankets away from my body. We headed out into the hallway.

"Hey kiddos." Ginnys voice called. I spun around. She rubbed her eyes. "I assumed you two were gonna wake up later." "Nah. I accidentally woke Jules up." Dave said, winking in my direction. I pinched him.

We all went downstairs. "Ok, do you guys wanna open each others gifts?" She asked. We nodded like children she laughed and motioned us over to the tree. We sat around it.

"Ok mom. First, open your gifts." He insisted. "Really? Well... I guess." She said, seeming hesitant. "Alright, merry Christmas Ginny." I grinned, pushing the heavy box to her.

She gasped and laughed. "Is Dave's evil clone in here?" She teased. Dave scoffed and shook his head. I giggled. "Go on, open it." She smiled at me thankfully and carefully removed the red ribbon. Ginny pulled the set of heavy, vintage encyclopedias from the box. She looked so happy.

"I thought you'd like them since you teach English. They were really pricey in the 50s, around that time range, but I found them dirt cheap at a thrift store downtown." I rambled.

She shut me up by hugging me tightly. "Thank you dear. God, they're beautiful." She said, gazing down at the vintage treasure. I chuckled.

"Wow Julia! Thanks for making my gift look like shit." Dave teased, nudging me playfully. I giggled and kissed him. "Ok, here mom. I love you. Merry Christmas." He smiled, handing his gift over to Ginny. She kissed his forehead, and pulled the silver ribbon away from the box.

She pulled out the heavy, bulky Nancy Sinatra box set.  "David! Thank you! You know I love Sinatra." She smiled brightly, hugging Dave. He blushed.

"Ok, now Jules gets her gifts. I've got something real special." He winked. "Alright, give her your gift first." Ginny said, smirking. I squinted.

"What's going on here?" I asked, getting no reply. Dave hopped up and ran upstairs. I anxiously waited. He came, holding a box behind his back.

"Ok, merry Christmas, baby." A Canon Rebel, my dream camera. I gasped and held in it my arms. Tears sprang into my eyes. "Dave." I breathed, putting both of my hands on the sides of his face. He had a cheesy grin on that gorgeous face of his.

"I love you. I love you so much, Dave." I whispered, kissing him. "I love you too." "Alright, Alright. We can have the mushy stuff later. I want her to see my gift now." Ginny teased.

Dave laughed and shook his head. Ginny then gave me a wrapped object. It was very thin and floppy. I teared off the red wrapping paper.

A leather bound notebook with my initials engraved into the brown leather. It came with a t-ball jotter pen. "Oh my god. I can't thank you enough." I grinned, practically radiating with happiness.

It was then Dave's turn for gifts. Ginny gave him some new converse and a few albums. My gift was something else. It was handmade.

"Here. Merry Christmas, my darling." I grinned, putting the thick book into his hands. He raised an eyebrow, then opened it.

I saw his eyes water as he read it aloud.

"It was a sweltering,August day. I was interviewing what was soon to be the biggest band on this beautiful fucking planet. I sat down with Kurt Donald Cobain, Krist Anthony Novoselic, and you, David Eric Grohl. I'm not gonna pretend that this was "love at first sight." I didn't necessarily take up any romantic interest in you. Yeah, I thought you looked pretty cute, and I admired your way of being, but was I in love? Nope. But a switch flipped within me once we really got familiar with one another. I was hooked on this,drug. The drug? Nirvanas drummer. You were the prize beyond my imagination. I wanted you with all my heart soon on. Here, in this book, I wrote about different occasions in this relationship of ours. I want you to continue it, because I'm damn positive you'll be with me, forever."

Tears fell down his face. His voice would crack with emotion as he read. I noticed tears glazing in Ginnys eyes too. He eventually looked up, and kissed me with so much passion.

"Well, you really fucking outdid yourself, Kassel."