a grunge christmas

December 25, 1991
"Merry Christmas." Dave whispered, trying to wake me up. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. He giggled and pulled me against him. "I love you Julia." He muttered against my neck. I chuckled and rolled over. He's so, so beautiful.

I kissed him, hooking my legs around his waist. "Your so fucking hot." He muttered against my lips. I giggled and got out of bed. We were at my apartment. I padded into the kitchen, cool air hitting my bare legs. I made us coffee.

I drank the dark substance on the couch, while admiring the Christmas tree Dave had helped me put up in my living room. Dave flopped down next to me. "Jules?" "Yeah?" "Do you wanna come to Virginia with me? To visit my mom?" He asked, tapping his thumbs on the mug. I'm honored that he asked me. I nodded. He grinned and hugged me.

I'm not too close with the remaining pieces of my family. Everythings that happened, its broken me and my mom apart. Yeah, I love her, but she's a lost, sad soul now. First, my father left us, then my sister perished, and the final straw was my drug abuse.

"You ok?" Dave asked, stroking my cheek. I nodded and leaned into his chest. I love this man so much.

Dave's P.O.V
"I never thought I'd be spending my Christmas with Nirvana." Julia said. Kurt giggled. We were on Kurts floor, making garland from popcorn. Black Sabbath was booming on the stereo.

Julia has bonded with Courtney Love, Kurts girlfriend. Courtney is ferocious, in a good way. She's loud and outspoken. Shes in a band called Hole. She and Julia were laughing hysterically at something. I smiled at her happiness.

She crawled over to me. "Since everyone has gotten their gifts from me, ill get you yours i guess." She teased. I chuckled. She disappeared into Kurts room, then returned with a large paper bag.

I pulled out the red tissue paper, revealing some vinyls, and a new record player, since mine broke after years of using it. I was genuinely touched. "I love you so much." I said against her lips. She giggled. "I also have something for you." I smiled, pulling it out of my pocket.

It was a silver locket, which had my guitar pick inside. "I know its not really that much compared to your gift, but it means alot." I muttered, putting it on her. She stroked the silver with her thumb. Her eyes were filled with tears, making them look glass like.

"Dave." She laughed, hugging me. "I love it so much." She said against my chest. I'm so glad she doesn't hate it.