crash and burn

Julia woke up happy, something that happened once in a blue moon. As soon as her eyes fluttered open, the complete heaven that last night had been came to mind. She smiled to herself and looked out the glass sliding door, where Kurt was smoking.

She could hear the shower running, where Courtney was. Frances was asleep in the crib they had rented. She stood up, and neatly pulled the comforter back over the bed.

She dug around in her suitcase for something to wear, and settled on some dark wash jeans, and a cropped, fitting red shirt. She openly changed in between the two beds.

This caught Kurts eye. He felt like a pig looking in on her, but he couldn't control himself. Julia drove him crazy. Almost every thought he produced was centered around one woman, and that was Julia Kassel. He was so mesmerized, that he didn't even notice that she had caught him.

She laughed as she pulled her jeans up her legs, then proceeded to go out onto the balcony, where Kurt was. "Perv." She teased, poking his leg. He laughed, his face still stained red.

She made sure Courtney wasn't out, and then softly kissed his cheek. He smiled and returned the gesture, except on her soft lips.

Kurt put out his cigarette, stomping it out with the sole of his graffiti littered converse, then followed Julia back into the hotel room. He made a bee-line straight to his daughters crib, smiling once he saw her face.

Julia admired what a great father he was to Frances. One of the things her and Kurt had in common was the absence of a father. Sure, they both had dads, but a father cares.

Hers left when she was young, and he isolated himself from his.

He made such an effort to love Frances unconditionally out of the kindness in his heart, but also to fill the void in his heart, the void that arised within him when his parents divorced.

Courtney emerged from the bathroom, her hair slightly dry.

"Hey, are we ready to go?" She asked, looking in the mirror and fixing her lipstick. "Yeah, I think so."

Dave's P.O.V
Anger and envy lingered in my veins as Julia laughed her beautiful laugh at something Kurt said. By now, I'm positive there's something happening between the two.

No two friends are that touchy, stuck together like glue. I gripped Rosies hand tighter as we waited for the plane.

Courtney had gone away to call Billy Corgan, and left Frances in Kurts lap. Julia was perched in a chair next to him, reading a book. They'd exchange looks every once in awhile, looks that carried what I saw as lust and love.

"Dave? Are you ok?" Rosie asked, disrupting the conflict in my head. I turned to her and nodded, wearing a slight smile. "Yeah, I'm fine." I muttered. She directed her attention back to her magazine, and mine?

It went back to Julia.

Third person P.O.V
"Julia, can I talk to you?" Dave asked, twiddling with his thumbs nervously. Julia's head shot up from her book. His voice took her by surprise.

"Yeah, of course." She replied, sliding her bookmark in between the pages before shutting the book. She stood up from the backstage ground, and dusted her jeans off.

She followed Dave down into the narrow hallway.

He made sure no technicians were around, before facing her.

"Are you and Kurt together?" He asked sternly, crossing his arms. Julia's blood began to boil. "What is it to you?" She asked bitterly, biting the inside of her cheek. She believed that he had no right to ask such a question. Besides, she had been in the dark for two years, completely lovelorn, and she finally found someone that could bring her out of her romantic abstinence. She wasn't letting Dave ruin her lovelife once again.

"What's it to me?" He said in disbelief, scoffing. "What right do you have to intervene in my personal life? It isn't your business, Dave. And why cant you just fucking leave us alone? I've been nothing but civil to Rosie. And you fucking cheated on me with her!" She cried, feeling her heart sink at the final part. It would always sting.

He realized that she had a point. Actually, many points.

He sighed, running his hands through his tangly brown hair. "You can't use that in every argument, Julia." He grumbled. Her jaw hit the floor. How wrong he was, it shocked her.

"Are you fucking serious, David?" The use of his full name made him gulp nervously. He was in for a few sharp jabs from Julia.

"It feels like you have zero remorse for what you put me through. You fucking lied to me, for months. I secluded myself and missed out on alot of opportunites. You did that, Dave. I have the right to hold that against you..." She paused, closing her eyes as the tears ran down her face.

Her chin quivered, and her eyebrows were arched.

His heart sank to the floor. He realized how venomous he sounded.

"It wasn't my fault that you fell in love with someone else." She muttered, ending her tirade. "I'm sorry, Jules." He whispered, feeling his heart crumble to ashes. She didn't answer, exhausted from their argument, but rested her head against the wall.

"Why couldn't you just not have done it?" She asked, her voice not loud and full of anger anymore, but filled with remorse. "I wish I hadn't, Jules." He muttered, feeling his eyes well up.

"If I hadn't, we would still live in our apartment. Maybe upgrade to a bigger one. Maybe you would have a ring on your finger..." He paused, and took her hand, nodding his head towards her ring finger.

Her eyes widened. She fought back a cry of anguish and regret.

"Y-you understand why I couldn't have taken you back during Christmas, yeah?" She stuttered, sniffling. He shook his head no.

She smiled sadly, stroking his palm. "I don't think I'll ever be able to trust you again, David. I would feel insecure the whole time." She said, continuing to massage his hand.

"I don't think we have a chance. I love you, but things will never be the same." She whispered, her face crumbling up as she began to cry.

And in that moment, Dave realized what he had done.

He utterly destroyed Julia Kassel.