beautiful people, beautiful problems.

April 17th, 1993
"Do I look good?" Rosie asked softly, smoothing down her emerald green dress. Her hair was in a loose bun and her lips were painted dark red.

She looked beautiful.

"You're so gorgeous." I said, forcing myself to smile and put emotion in my voice. She grinned and came over to the bed, leaning down to kiss me.

She doesn't know about Julia's miscarriage. I just lied and said that something happened to Kurt. She believed it. I tied my shoes, then stood up, taking Rosies hand.

I left the apartment with her. The wind was warm and relaxing.  It blew my hair. I slid into the front seat, Rosie in passenger. The drive was comfortably quiet. I didn't really feel like chatting. I haven't in awhile.

I parked in Krists driveway, gravel crunching underneath the tires. I pushed open my door and picked up Krists gift. I heard Rosies door slam shut. We held hands as we approached the door.

I knocked firmly. I could hear loud party going from outside the wooden door. I was then met by Shelli. "Oh, hi." She said, smiling awkwardly. "Hey, shelli." She then moved aside to let us in the house.

I headed into the living room, setting the box on a what I assumed to be gift table. I then spun around, clashing into someone. "Shit." I muttered, looking down. It was Julia.

Her blonde hair was in 2 braids. She had bright red lipstick on her soft lips. She wore a black romper and some converse. "Hi." I said quietly. I haven't seen her since the miscarriage.

"Hey." She croaked, shifting her weight onto her other foot. "How have you been?" She asked me. I laughed coldly. "Not too well. What about you?" She snorted. "Same as you." She mumbled, her braids whipping as she shook her head.

My heart sank to my toes. I just wanted to hold her and say that everythings gonna be ok, but I can't. "Do you wanna get drinks?" I asked her. "Sure." She said.

I led the way to the liquor cabinet. I pulled out some scotch and 2 glasses. I poured one for each of us. "Thanks." She mumbled. For the both of us, one scotch turned to two, then three, four, and so on.

"Fuck." I laughed, stumbling. She giggled and caught me. I felt soothed when I looked into her eyes. She quickly darted them another direction. "I have to pee." She slurred.

"I'll come with you." She laughed at this.  "Ok." People gave us looks as we went into the bathroom together. She pulled her romper down. I could now see her entire chest. She was wearing a red bra. "Nice bra." I said, taking a sip of my scotch.

She blushed furiously. "Thanks."

Once she was done, she pulled her panties and romper back up her long legs. She then slumped down onto the floor next to me, taking my glass and sipping from it. She then handed it back.

We just talked like normal people for once. We didn't fight, we didn't cry or get into a screaming match, we just chatted.

"I took up an offer at Kerrang. I really like it so far." She told me. I couldn't help but break out into a grin. "You fucking deserve it." I whispered, shaking my head. "Thank you."

She then stood up. "We should probably get out of the bathroom." She laughed. I giggled and stood up.

Before she left the bathroom where we had been talking for a long, long time, she gave me a lingering stare. My heart skipped a couple of beats.

"It was nice to see you, Dave."