i'll stick around

I woke up on the sofa, my face squished against Dave's chest. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. He looks so cute when he sleeps. I giggled and laid on his chest. "Dave.." I sang, holding his hand.

He woke up, immediately grinning. Sunshine poured through my living room windows. I got up and stretched. "Hi." I smiled, holding his hand. "Hey." He snaked his arms around my waist, and rested his cheek against my collarbone. I felt happier then I had in a long time.

I had dated in the last few years, but nothing serious. I really hadn't had anything serious before. Yes, I had serious relationships, but it wasn't raw, real connections. I'd feel happy with a guy for a little bit, then I'd feel annoyed. Dave is different. He's spontaneous and interesting. He doesn't fit the mold.

I didn't take those relationships seriously because I didnt feel anything in them. With Dave, I can feel happier than anyone else could make me. "Dave, I've gotta get to work." I whispered. He hugged me tighter, making me laugh. I got up and went to my bedroom. I put on a white v neck and some jeans. I then put on my converse.

"Bye." I said, smiling at Dave. He frowned. "Do I even get a kiss goodbye?" "Patience dave, and be sure to lock up once you leave."

I could barely focus on work. My mind was focused on Dave. I always found myself smiling, even after trying to push my thoughts away. I groaned at my desk and stood up, needing fresh air. I sat on the bench outside of the offices.

Daves so extraordinary. I feel comfortable and safe with him. I don't feel pressure, I feel real.

Dave's P.O.V
"Julia, please come over." I pleaded, wanting her presence desperately. She sighed. "Fine, I just got off, so I'll be there soon." "See ya." I hung up, a wide grin gracing my features. I did a small victory dance.

I've gone through a string of groupies and random girls, but Julia is someone I feel a raw spark with. She's so kind and smart. It blows my mind that she has interest in me.

There was soon a knock at the door. I bolted up to get it. Julia looked exhausted from work. She weakly smiled and pushed past me. "I hate work sometimes." She mumbled, flopping down on the sofa. "I don't know what that's like." She glared at me, then kicked off her shoes.

"Do you have alcohol?" I got up and retrieved beer from the fridge. "You're my hero." She said, cracking open the can. I chuckled and opened mine. We watched TV for a while. "Dave?" "Yeah?" "What are we?" To be honest,I wasn't too sure how to answer this. "Well, I know I like you, and I know I want to be with you." I muttered, itching my chin.

"The feelings mutual." She said, looking in my direction. She then laid her head on my shoulder, my face nuzzled in her silky blonde hair. "You drive me nuts. I couldn't even focus on work because I was thinking about you." She laughed. "Same for me. I was trying to drum, but I kept fucking up." She giggled again, then sighed. I finally have closure on something in my life.