Bound Promises

Chapter 5-

Joaquin sat up his eyes opening slowly. He felt arms around him and panicked. He slapped Archie "come on Andrews we need to go" he urged. Archie woke up his arm stung from the slap but he didn't tell Joaquin.

Archie nodded before the two climbed out of the tree. "Now we have to be care-" Joaquin's eyes widened as gaurds held a gun behind Archie. "Arch don't move" he warned. "What is it Joaquin?" Archie asked "we have company" Joaquin replied.

"That's okay we'll be-" *bang* out came a rubber bullet hitting Archie in the back. "On the ground DeSantos Now!" The guards roared. Joaquin smirked "nah" he shrugged. "On the ground"

"But I'm not breaking any laws I'm still on prison grounds therefore you can't arrest me for breaking the law." Joaquin smiled. "You-" Joaquin rolled his eyes "what?" He asked crossing his arms. "I have a lover to attend to" Joaquin waved the guards off.

A menacing deep growl broke the silence. It had happened all so fast. Joaquin was on the ground a dog over him growling in his face. Guards telling him to place his hands behind his back.

Joaquin resisted as a deep growl emerged from his throat. He hissed at the dog wrestling it off him. The dog bit him piercing skin. Joaquin punched the dog. The dog growled before Archie tackled it "off" he commanded.

The dog growled but Joaquin grabbed the dog picking it up. "Off" he demanded as he watched it go back to the guards. Joaquin smiled "Archie he doesn't know commands we can-" Joaquin smirked and pointed towards the guards "attack" he shouted.

The dog tackled the guard to the ground growling in their faces. Howling for the other dogs to attack. Dog after dog attacking the guards. Joaquin helped Archie up before the two walked through Fox Forest and back to Riverdale.

Once they arrived at Veronica's, Archie knocked on the door. Ronnie opened it "Archie!" She cried her face lit up. "Where's Preppy?" Joaquin asked. Veronica led the boys into the house. "In my bedroom Joaquin" she smiled.

Joaquin walked up the stairs quietly as he emerged to Ronnie's room he opened the door. Kevin was laid out on the bed sleeping. Joaquin smiled before walking up to the bed sitting on it lightly. He pulled Kevin close. The scent of pine filled Kevin's nose.

The boy smiled his eyes opening. "You're here! You came back!" Kevin exclaimed his eyes wide and glossed. "I thought y-you-" Joaquin shook his head.

"I made a promise Preppy. I didn't break that promise I'm here and I'm staying." Joaquin replied kissing Kevin the kiss full of love and sadness.