Travel Back

Chapter 4-

Archie shook Joaquin "Serpent get up" he urged. "DeSantos come on please get up I'm sorry" Joaquin opened his eyes "I'm okay come on follow me" he smiled sadly. Archie nodded as he followed Joaquin. The two climbed a tree and sat on the thickest branch.

Joaquin leaned his head back on the tree "Archie do you ever just want to take back something you've done?" Joaquin asked. "Yeah, many times" Archie replied. "The feeling that you let everyone down... It sucks. This is why people don't like me" Joaquin said looking as his breath causing fog in the air.

"Don't think like that Joaquin. Kevin likes you, we all do and the serpents too" Archie reminded. Joaquin laughed "everyone says they do but what if they lie to spare my sadness?" Joaquin questioned. "What's wrong Joaquin talk to me" Archie said looking towards Joaquin.

"I just I feel like I'm forgetful. Like to people. It just sucks" he shrugged. "If you don't do something right than it's always your fault is what I was taught. So now everything is my fault the serpents. Myself. Every-"

Archie smacked Joaquin "no you created a group of people who had nowhere to go. No love. No family. Labelled as misfits. You gave them a family Joaquin. You gave them a home and people to love. That was you Joaquin. You did all of that." Archie encouraged. As he held Joaquin in his arms to comfort him. Archie held him until the serpent fell asleep smiling sadly to know that Joaquin thought he was the cause of everything terrible.