Chapter 9

“This is nice” Lukas said “what is?” Philip asked “the fact that with you I feel like I can do anything” Lukas said. “This has a deeper meaning?” Philip asked curious “yeah, it's just I was thinking about it you're the positive one i’m the negative” Philip shook his head “you don't have to be negative. There's that saying that every negative connects to a positive” Lukas shook his head.

“Why am I even saying this?” Lukas mumbled to himself. “What's wrong Lukas?” Philip asked hugging Lukas close to him. “I’m not supposed to feel like this. I shouldn't, what would my dad think ?” Philip looked Lukas in the eyes “it’s okay Lukas, you should be able to be happy.” Philip said. “How am I supposed to be happy? I feel like i’m being controlled, I can't even think about good things most days!” Lukas broke.

“What do you mean Lukas?” Philip pulled away to look at Lukas “just forget it” Lukas replied. Philip thought for a minute the pieces clicking together. “You don't want to open up… you're afraid. Afraid something might happen if you tell someone how you feel. Afraid to break in front of someone because you feel if you're not strong it makes you weak”

“Just leave it Philip” Lukas replied quiet. “Look at me Lukas!” Philip shouted to get Lukas’ attention. “What?” Lukas asked avoiding eye contact with Philip. “Don't you remember it’s you and me against the world?” Philip spoke softly.

“You can trust me Lukas” Philip said almost hurt. “I’m fine Philip” Lukas spoke. “You're not, something is holding you back. You don't want to admit it but you want to be this perfect person that everyone loves, you would do anything just to try to be that person. Am I right?” Philip asked.

“Just leave me alone” Lukas spoke his voice breaking.