Chapter 12

*At the hospital*

“Philip Shea and Lukas Waldenbeck?” A nurse called. Philip quickly stood up steadying Lukas up so he could carry him easier. The nurse led them to a room “so tell me what happened?” Philip sighed “Lukas and I got into a fight and he sped up on his motorcycle. We missed the landing and he went down. He was out cold, he was breathing but he was almost lifeless” Philip explained.

The nurse nodded before writing some things down. “It seems that he will be out for at least a few hours, did he hit his head?” The nurse asked “yeah, he flew off a motorcycle? He crashed into the ground. His head was protected by his helmet.”

“Mhm” the nurse replied “how did he land?” Philip sighed “arm behind his back, legs normal, head turned” Philip recalled. “Did you hear a crack noise when he landed?” Philip nodded. “We'll get him in X-ray” the nurse declared.

Philip nodded as he sat waiting for word on Lukas.

*after X-ray*

“Mr. Shea?” The nurse called. Philip looked up “is Lukas okay?” Were the first words out of his mouth. “he appears to have a broken arm” the nurse said looking towards Lukas. “He wore his gear stuff though, how can that-” Philip stopped a cry stuck in his throat. “This is all my fault Lukas i-i’m sorry” Philip broke.

The doctor didn't know what to say so she said the first thing she thought of “Mr. Waldenbeck is a strong boy, he will be okay” the nurse soothed.