Chapter 66

Here's the next Chapter! hope you guys like!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I climbed out of the well.

"Ok Seya" I said walking over and placing him where he was hidden, "it's your job to make sure no one grabs the So'unga" Before he complained, I went up the steps and went outside. I looked at the sacred tree and the shrine. I breathed in. I closed my eyes hearing the noises of the city. The city that I was never going to see again. I ran to the house.

"Mom..." I said as I entered.

"Mitsuki, you're home!" I heard her say as she came into the hall. I rushed over and hugged her.

"Oh!" she said surprised before hugging me back, "are you ok?"

"Yeah" I smiled, "just really missed you"

"I missed you too sweetie" She said I looked at her. Her purse was around her shoulder.

"Are you going out?" I asked

"Yeah, I have to get some groceries" she said

"Can I go with you?" I asked looking up at her. She smiled but gave me an odd look.

"But you hate grocery shopping," she said, "do you need something? I could get it for you"

"No...I just figured we could do some mother daughter bonding time" I smiled. she smiled back.

"Ok then" she put an arm around my shoulder and we started to walk out the house, "let's go"

I actually enjoyed this afternoon with my mom at the grocery store helping her pick the junk food Sota was going to score if I didn't finish it before I left.

"And the true motive comes out" Mom sighed as I sat down with a packet of cookies, "I can't believe you talked me into buying all this junk"

"Oh mom come on" I said as I bit into a delicious soft chocolate chip cookie, "one junk food spree will not kill this family" Mom set a glass of milk on the table beside me.

"And grandpa?" I asked

"He's around" she said as she sat in the chair in front of me, "now are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked as I grabbed another cookie and took another bite.

"Mitsuki after your father died, you opened up with your friends, but you also kept yourself at a distance" she said, "even before that, getting you to express affection at all was a Miracle, it was like you were afraid to show your happiness" I thought back. I didn't remember. I thought of how in the feudal era I was strong and I seemed to express my emotions perfectly fine. Why did that change? I thought of here. I was able to show my fears and weaknesses...why not love and happiness? Then I realized the answer. If I showed it and something took it from me, I'd be too weak to take it back...like dad's death. I couldn't heal him. I tried, but it didn't work. "so I know you're feeling upset about something"

"Mom, I'm fine" I sighed, "honest, now I'm going to my room to take a nap" I got up and went to my room. Then it hit me where was Aleu? Then I realized she's been staying with Kaede. I guess I don't have to worry about taking her, since she's already over there. I went over to my closet and looked up. I saw the white box. I reached up and grabbed it. My hands were shaking as I opened it. I looked at the dress. The weird fabric felt familiar like I've had it my whole life, which was not that unusual since I grew up with it. I set the box down next to my bed. I grabbed some clothes and took a shower. I took longer than usual seeing as I was going to be stuck with hot springs the rest of my life. I changed into a white long sleeve shirt and some purple pajama pants. I brushed my hair and went down to find Sota and Grandpa coming in.