Chapter 16

Shippo and I insisted Kagome take time to rest before starting another journey. But she refused. Inuyasha was more out of it than he was before. He spent his time just looking at the sky.

'I just don't know anymore...' I could hear Inuyasha's thoughts. I covered my ears trying to block him but it didn't help at all, 'so I gather up all the shards of the Shikon Jewel to become a full fledged demon, and then what? Even if I do fully become a demon...will that make me stronger inside? Can I ever truly forget Kikyo?' I looked at him pitying him a bit. That's why he wants the jewel...He really did love her. I shook my head. Snap out of it Mitsuki! No feeling sorry for someone whose tried to kill you twice! Mitsukiko's brother or not...but still...I couldn't help it. I watched Kagome stand up holding Shippo. She took a couple of steps toward him.

"Look at him" Shippo said, "I have never seen him act like this before" we walked over to Inuyasha.

"No..." Kagome replied, "neither have we..." I watched as Shippo gave him a good hit on the head.

"Take that!" Shippo said

"Bad move..." Inuyasha said turning around annoyed, "what'd you do that for shrimp?!" Inuyasha grabbed him by the tail right out of Kagome's hands.

"To knock some sense into you!" Shippo said, "we're suppose to be looking for the jewel shards!"

"Get off my back..." Inuyasha complained, "even a guy like me needs some time to think once in a while"

"Yeah, that's what's worrying me" Shippo said getting out of his grasp.

"Worry about this!" Inuyasha said starting to chase Shippo in circles around us, "come back here you little snake!"

"Try to catch me!" Shippo taunted, "you can't can you! you big oaf!"

"Now you done it!" Inuyasha yelled I smiled. Good boy Shippo! you got his mind off it!

'The Shikon Jewel is enshrouded with such misery' I could hear Kagome's thoughts...aw man...come on! Where's the off button on this thing, 'Kikyo claims Inuyasha betrayed her, and Inuyasha says that it was the other way around, how could two versions of the same story be so different! I only hope that the puzzle will be solved once we found all the shards of the jewel' I remembered how Sesshy told me how Mitsukiko sent him a telepathic message saying that he had to protect Inuyasha, something about a trap..did she know something Inuyasha didn't fifty years ago? I looked at Kagome wondering if I should tell her.

"Kagome..." I said

"What is it?" She asked looking at me.

"I talked to Sesshy and he told me something" I said she looked at me.

"what did he say?" She asked curious.

"He said Mitsukiko sent him a message warning him about a trap involving Inuyasha" I said Inuyasha stopped chasing Shippo and looked at me.

"What trap?" Inuyasha yelled coming toward me. I crossed my arms.

"I don't know!" I replied, "all I know is the message and that Mitsukiko disappeared soon after that and you were bound to the tree"

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha growled, "why the hell did he keep his mouth shut!" Oh no...I think I just caused more issues between them...sorry Mitsukiko.

"I'm sure we'll figure this fifty year old mystery soon" I sighed, "but it's getting dark and I want to wash up"

"Well I'm sure there's a hot spring around here" Kagome sighed we walked a while till we found one. Inuyasha sat behind the boulders while we came over to the hot spring. I changed into my blue bathing suit. While Kagome went in naked.