》Chapter Eighty-Five

Jade's Pov.

This walls are so white and depressive. Nothing looks relaxing or comforting. This hospital scent reminds me of death more than death itself.

I'm at Louis side holding his hand, so afraid that If I leave, they would hurt him.

"Jade?" Harry yawns and raises his head from my thighs while he scratches his eyes. "I fell asleep. I'm sorry."

I smile at him as I place a kiss over his cheek. shrugging with my heavy shoulders. He squeezes my knee a little bit and messes with my hair as he stands.

"Do you want anything?" I shake my head and he walks outside, probably heading for the vending machine. Before stepping out of the room, he turns on the door and stares at me for a while. "I'm right here, I'll be back in no time. Don't get in trouble." And this said, he gives me the cheesiest grin you could ever ask for that makes my cheek turn red and my bones become jelly.

How did we come this far? When did hate turn into love? When did Harry turn into my whole heart?

"If you could see me now, Louis. You'll be so disappointed. I fell for the bad boy and I'm so hopeless, I don't even feel guilty anymore." Louis' eyes flicker and I hold my breath, hoping he'll wake but he doesn't. The doctors said he is lucky to be breathing, they don't even know if he will ever wake. The venom messed him up pretty bad.

"I wish you were here, Louis. I could use your sassiness, this time."

The smell of hot coffee pierces my nostrils and I stiff as two arms wrap around me and squeeze me. It takes me so little to understand they are Harry's so I just let the fear abandon me and raise my hand to his cheek and up behind his neck.

"Louis' mom is here we can't stay. Only family." I nod and get on my swollen feet. I'm still dressed as a maid; I haven't had the chance to change. I lean into Louis and give him a little squeeze, lingering. He's so cold. I wonder if he's scared, wherever he is. I reach for the handkerchief I have in my pocket and tie it at his wrist so he won't be alone again.

"If he wasn't with a foot into the tomb, I'll probably be jealous of all the attention he's getting."

"Don't be insensitive." I blurt giving him a dead glare. This is the type of comment Harry would do when I first met him. Somehow it makes me happy to know he didn't change that much, I didn't want him to. Nobody should ever want that for the people they love.

But when someone is in love, they tend to change into something you like just for the pleasure of seeing you happy. That is when you know is real. When they get better without you asking them to.

I wave at Louis' mom in the hallway and she gives me a tight hug that surprises me. "He's gonna be alright, Jade. He always is."

Somehow this warms my heart, it makes me hopeful and even though hope is the dangerous thing you can feel when the situation is hopeless, I can't help welcoming this positive thought and walk away with my heart a little lighter.

"Where do we go, Sophie?" Harry inquires hopping in his car.

"Would you stop calling me with that name?" I ask falsely offended.

"Like you don't feel flattered." He turns the car on and reaches towards me to buckle my belt, getting so close to me, I have to suck in my breath the second our eyes met.

"Jade?" He inquires still not moving away. I want to look away; I feel my face turning a very deep shade of red.

"What?" I encourage but Harry's eyelashes' flicker and I can tell the words get swallowed as they disappear.