》 Chapter Fourty-Four

Edited by: _rose

Have you ever felt like a beautiful glass of wine that gets abruptly knocked down by a distracted hand and slowly starts to spin towards its inevitable end by rolling unnoticed at the end of the table? Eventually, it will fall, breaking with a loud noise, into a million pieces before somebody even realize it. The clumsy person stares at the mess on the floor and only then, he feels guilty for ruining such a perfect thing.

'' Jade!'' A tender voice sweeps in and I blink, finally connecting with reality. '' Hey.'' Those blue eyes flatter with a sweet expression of relief as his cold hands cup my face, brushing on my cheekbones tenderly.

" Lou.." I whisper and I fight back the tears, being so grateful he's the one in front of me and not Zayn or Harry. I wouldn't accept anybody else to see me in this state.

" It's okay Jade. I know." He simply says. He doesn't need words, he doesn't need to say ' I told you, girl'. He understands. Louis understands how miserable I feel and there's no judgment in his eyes. Only a welcoming empathy and all the love I need at the moment.

'' I'm sorry." My arms lock behind his neck and he squeezes me into a warm hug, fighting the terrible coldness that is crawling into my bones since that shameless scene in the ball room.

'' I know Jade." He tries to reassure me by petting my hair. " It'll be over soon. Just sleep." He suggests and I nod standing up to grab find my pj and finding my mother about to knock on the door instead.

Her wide eyes are silently asking me ' what happened to you' but I ignore her and just go into the bathroom changing.

I hear Louis quietly trying to explain to my mother what happened, making things looking worst than they actually are. I don't want him to do it. I wish I had the power to step into the room and make him stop.

But Harry hurt me. He played me like a fool, he doesn't deserve anything.

Then why am I still trying to find an explanation?

I crawl to the bathtub and start filling it with water as I slowly and painfully strip off of my clothes. Once the hot steam blinds my view, I let myself going underwater till my face can't feel the cold air and my body becomes light as a feather.

***

Harry's POV.

Her strawberry flavour ignites a serious waterfall of memories. My eyes can't contain the weird pleasure of taking in every inch of her skin. It has been a long time, she has grown and got even more beautiful.

" Harry.." She greets me fixing my tie and I stumble as she takes another step closer.

'' Or should I say Edward? You got taller and much, much sexier." She dares to wink at me while her hands fall on my chest, calling for an intimacy we have lost long time ago.

I want to growl, to roar or even to yell at her to make her withdrawing but my mind is blank, I can't seem to complete even the simpler task and she is well aware of it.

What was I doing before our eyes collided? Why can't I recall it? It's so frustrating how her whole halo is eating mine, absorbing me inside her sinful babble. And I know I shouldn't let her, but it's so strong I can't seem to fight.

'' Missed me, little one?'' She mocks me but now that I'm finally taller than her, the joke doesn't stand anymore. I grab her wrists but I can't manage to push them off of me.

'' Whoa, so feisty already." She erases the distance and I feel my grip on her weakening as she let her palm wonder near my belt, caressing the edge with her index a couple of times until I find my voice to speak again.