》Chapter Fifteen.

Edited by: _Ros

There's so much tension going on between us, I'm sweating crushed by the weight of it. I hear him moving and automatically turn my head to see Harry bending forward with his arms laid on his knees as he deep stares into me.

'' Why are you here?'' I find myself asking as I travel with my gaze around the room.

'' You wanted me here.'' he assures me, his voice so steady it makes me questioning if I haven't involuntary asked him to come. I haven't, I'm sure of it.

'' That's not true.''

'' It is, indeed.''

'' And why would I wish for your company?'' My question is so weak, Harry just smiles widely, still glaring at me with those deep green eyes of his.

'' You needed me.''

'' I don't. I don't even like you.'' I scoff frustrated, his smile doesn't flinch.

'' You do.'' he teases me, hitting me with his elbow.

''You wish.'' I harshly come back and Harry shrugs his shoulders, not touched by my bad mood.

'' I don't need you to admit it  for it to be true.'' He leans into his seat still smiling. '' I will stay regardless of what you say or want.'' I huff and dismiss him. He's giving me a headache.

'' Fine, if you don't have nothing better to do, suit yourself.''

'' I totally will. Thank you Missy.''

'' Do you want something?'' Harry crosses his legs nonchalantly and my cheeks flush with annoyance. God I'm getting really pissed, he's so annoying I want to slap his face again.

'' I'll go get you something to drink, is hot chocolate okay?'' He doesn't wait for me to answer, he just gets up and goes to the other side of the corridor without leaving me the time to fire back.

God he's so provocative.

I hear something vibrating against my leg and squeeze my eyes shut as my heart races fast once more.

Not again, I pray.

I lower my head and read the text, it looks like the tenth times today I'm reading these creepy messages.

Unknown: Time to take the Knight down before I do, my little pawn. Be persuasive.

What does this even mean?  He's the son of my employer, so my superior. How could I?

He wants me to push Harry away? I may be wrong; I may be totally wrong but I have to act before he does; or God knows what will happen to Harry.

The temperature decreases for a moment and my gaze snaps up automatically. I shove my phone into my pocket, still feeling like the worst of people while he smiles widely at me with two cups of chocolate in his hands.

'' So I don't know how much sugar-'' I take a long breath and blurt out the words.

'' Leave.'' Harry is so puzzled, he leans in to try and catch the words better. I must have spoken with a soft unsure voice.

'' Who do you think you are to assume things that are not even true.'' Everything in me is screaming to stop. But I can't.

'' What are you even-''

'' I don't need you here, okay? I don't need your help, your food or your money. I am not on sale and you can't buy me. Whatever it is that you want from me, you won't get it.''

I am so mad at myself for getting this far. What was I thinking? That we could be... friends? He's not meant for people like me, we're too different and we will never find a middle ground, the bridge we built to meet one other is too unstable to resist the weight of our diversity.

'' Jade, you're wrong I- '' I stare at his feet, too coward to look up.

'' Am I? It all started because of you! A spoiled little brat with nothing better to do than jump into people's lives and ruin them.'' I spit raising my voice, still not meeting his eyes.

'' You're just mad. I can understand that-'' I sob when he says it and try to hide it with a frustrated growl.

'' Stop it. Stop it, okay? You're not this perfect boy who is looking for souls to guard. This is all a cover. You're mean, you're the exact boy who offended me, treated me poorly and teased me about my physical appearance just because you don't think we are at the same level. You're the one who made me cry my eyes out all night making me feel unworthy and I won't let you fool me again.'' Harry's eyes change, they become so black I feel their power shaking me in the deep making me want to take back everything I said.

'' You're just scared..'' he huffs with gritted teeth as if he's trying to convince me to refrain my tongue or he won't accept any more cruelty without answering me properly.

I stop breathing for a moment.

'' I'm not scared. You're harmless. I won't let you play any more trick with my head, this has to end. I don't want you around me any longer.'' My chest spasms and I bring my hands there to stop the aching. '' When you're around people bad things happen. You're the cause of all my problems, you and nothing else. So why don't you do us both a favour and free me from your presence? I bet everything will be good again the second you will walk out of the room.'' I keep my body steady, my facial expression blank. I hear Harry heavily sigh and the two cups of chocolate being thrown in the garbage next to me. I feel his scent invading my space as he moves back.

''Is this what you want?''

'' Yes.'' I answer barely audible. Harry then lifts his hands up, his face pale, his eyes so sad and defeated I try to not cry, again.

'' Fine by me then.'' He blurts out and a sharp breath escapes my mouth as Harry's hands caress my face tenderly. I squeeze his wrist tightly and drag my nails into his skin. Harry cringes but keeps on passing his thumb over me covering me in goosebumps.

My body clings into his, begs him not to listen to my words.

We share a quick glare, I ask him to forgive me for this, I ask him not to hate everyone again. But he seems blind to my call so I just shove his limb away and walk to my seat, ignoring him.

I wonder why it hurts so much letting go someone I barely know.

At least everyone is safe now. Everyone except me. I feel harmless, lost and empty.