》Chapter Thirty-Nine

Edited by: _rose

When I emerge from the bathroom, Harry is comfortably sited on my bed ankles crossed and wet hair all over his face.

'' You can go now. I'm okay, Harry.'' I assure him breaking the spell we both were under only a few minutes ago.

'' Okay is not good. And not good it's enough for me to stay."

" I've been handling my life alone, not needing a guardian angel for a long time. I can deal with this too, I'm a tough girl.'' I joke, making Harry's face hardening a little bit. He looks very worried, I don't see the reason why though. I'm on my feet and healthy, what does worry him?

'' You lived a fairy-tale life Jade. You have been kept safe from everything basically, and don't you try telling me what happened in the garden didn't touch you in the slightest because I know you are lying.'' I roll my eyes not wanting to talk about that particular matter, so i get up closing the window and pulling the curtains shut so that we fall in a momentary darkness. Harry reaches for the lamp on my nightstand however, the second the lights clicks, I close my eyes, wanting to linger in the obscurity of not seeing or hearing or feeling.

In the end, it happened in the middle of the day and I could see everything around me, that made it so real I can't shake it off of my chest. My legs still shake if I think about what could have happened if it wasn't for Harry.

Or what wouldn't have happened because of him? Which one is the right one? It happened because of him or it didn't, because of him? Shall I blame him or not?

My heart doesn't know.

Cold fingers caress my shoulder, trembling slightly, as if he was the one scared. They go down, I shiver for the feeling but don't move. I wait for Harry to screw up, to do something so I can be mad at him. I wait for Harry to hurt me so that I can finally blame him for all the bad things that have happened to me.

He grabs my hand, so tenderly it feels like he has silky gloves, then places my palm on his arm and with the other one he pulls me closer slowly. I find myself dragged by the powerful strength of his gentleness. He catches my other hand, sizing my waist so that I have no more space to run or think or breath and very carefully he starts to take one step to his right then forward, rocking on his feet as if we are weightless.

It takes me a while to understand what he is doing or maybe I just don't care  as long as he keeps me tightly wrapped to himself.

Then his mouth starts moaning something. I need to pay attention to gasp the words. It's a song and Harry is making me dance to it.  His raspy voice,  broken by the uncertainty of the moment, calms me so much, that I lay my head on his chest, resting in that peacefulness moment.

" Baby I, dancing in the dark. With you between my arms"  the song goes. I can tell Harry is smiling for the accuracy of it and I feel his grip tightening on me. His arms reach for my waist and he pulls me up, making me startle, however, as a weird reflex, I hang my limbs around Harry's neck, squeezing so much that I stop breathing heavily. I wasn't even aware i was breathing like that, until Harry hugged me. It's like we prefectly fit. Insane, isn't it? Especially for two people who hated each other.

'' It's okay Jade.'' He whispers and buries his nose into my neck. He kisses my temple once, lingering for a moment before pressing me to himself even more.

Who would have said it? The guy who treated me like shit and whom I swore never to come across ever again, was now  keeping me together, giving me all his strength, all his will and perhaps, all his heart.

'' I'm sorry.'' He says almost on the verge of crying.

Because this boy here, isn't just a stupid rich brat who makes fun of everybody to improve his self-esteem. This boy is  sweet and caring, and my lifeguard at the moment.