》Chapter Fifty-One

Edited by: _rose

"I heard a loud noise and when I went out to check, Harry was there. He looked...upset. He tried to play it cool, waving at me while he got into his car but he seemed pretty damaged. That's why I asked. I know Harry has been mean to you, but that boy Jade..."

Don't say it mom. I can't take it right now. I might have lost my love tonight for being naïve, don't cut deeper.

"He looks at you the way your father looked at me." There it is.. My mother rips what's left of me and crumbles it to the floor.

I smash my hands on the table and stand, angry beyond measure.

" I can't believe him!" I shout and grab a coat from the hangers to bolt towards the exit.

'' What baby?''

I'm fuming and shaking. He knew! He knew I liked Harry and sabotaged me. His best friend! He knew all along!

" Louis!" I don't need to add anything because my mother's face softens as she understands everything. She doesn't seem surprised, looks like the naïve gene jumped a generation.

Wait until I lay my hands on him, good God.

***

"Open up Louis!" I scream at the top of my lungs banging on the front door. I am so mad I want to cry and smash everything. I want to make him pay for it, for hurting me.

I couldn't stay at my house knowing what he had done to me. I needed to take it out on somebody and he is the closest.

When the door finally opens, I spot a very sleepy boy coming opening and it's not Louis. Perhaps I'm at the wrong address? I called Louis' mom, there's no way she got it wrong.

When he looks at me, his eyes go up and down my features.

" Well hello there!" He's wearing a thank top and white knickers, really in contrast with his dark skin.

'' I'm looking for Louis. Do you know where is he?"

" I'm Lucian, very pleased to meet you." I roll my eyes and stress my question again, not wanting to fall for his shiny smile. 

" Jade, my pleasure. Now, would you be so kind to tell me Louis' whereabouts? I need to talk to him." He whistles to me and I try my best not to explode. I gulp loudly and click my fingers to rush him.

'' Louis is in deep trouble. Is this about the rich boy?" So he knows too? I can't believe it. Seriously, where's friendship when you need it?

I push past him and search in the room, hoping he's somehow still wrapped in the covers of his tiny bed. I didn't know he got himself a roommate and American too. That's so un-Louis. He doesn't share his personal space. He told me that long ago when we were kids: when I have a house of my own I'm gonna be like a king in his castle. Owning everything and not letting anybody ruining my fun.

Guess what Jade, things change.

" He ain't here, ma'am." I open the door of his room and find the bed untouched. The only thing in order inside the place. He hasn't come home because it's tuesday and he's usually working. Probably got there late to pick me up. Luckily for me, I know where he works to.

" You should stop, girl. You look possessed or something. Here have a sit and you should really braid that hair." I blow off distantly using my hands to smooth my wild strands.

'' I'll rest when I've found him, believe me. Would you do me a favour, Lucian is it?'' 

"Anything Angel lady." I cringe at the nickname but let it pass, there's many more pressing matters to deal with.