》Chapter Fourty-Nine

Edited by: _rose

'' Harry make love to me." 

'' I can't Jade." It's all he can manage to blurt out raising his tips to my cheek to fix my confused expression. "Because there's no love to make.."

Before I can understand what he just said, I feel his tongue sucking hard my breast while he grids himself to my entrance with more energy than before. In a second, I find myself panting and eventually coming calling for his name.

As soon as I finish my climax, Harry stands pulling his boxer on and walking straight out of the door.

What was that?

I cringe and wrap the sheets around my body, following him outside.

Everything was soo aseptic and foreign. For what I know, I could have shared  a bed with a stranger, very good with his tongue and fingers, but still a stranger. Physical pleasure, nothing more. A part of me knows I shouldn't. I hear the warning bell going off on me loud and clear. Yet I can't help it. It's in my nature to dig and dig until I can understand everything.

Harry is not in the living room. I check in the room that is supposed to be mine for the night and he's not there either. Perhaps he doesn't want to make love to me because I'm not enough. I wish he'd stayed; I would have at least returned the favour.

Before I can turn on my heels and going back to Harry's room to get dressed, a timid sound irrupts through the whole place, blasting through my ears in a calling way. My legs work for me, they guide me to a tiny room right in front of mine and I press my cheek to the frame, listening.

Harry's playing. Does he do it every time he's upset? Does it make him feel any better? I turn the knob and tiptoe inside, careful not to make any noise to disturb him. I rest against the door and just listen.

I can't recognize the melody nor that I could care less, it's so beautiful that doesn't need to have a name, Harry swings his fingers like a pro and I stay there enchanted by it. He looks perfect. Like he was meant to be right behind that piano and nowhere else.  He's delicate, like a friend giving pads to another friend. He's caring and sweet but not vulnerable like he is sometimes with me.

I feel something jumping on my sheet-dress and I startles shutting the door with a loud thud.

Harry's touch flinches and the perfect melody breaks into a discordant note instantly.

"Go away!" I tell the little thing crawling up on me. I feel the paws scratching the material and a little bit of my skin as it tries to climb.

The light goes suddenly on and I face Harry's angry green eyes as he rips the kitten away from me, bring it to his shoulder where it rest, staring straight at me. What with the cat now? Is it mad at me too?

I scoff and look down at my feet.

'' I'm sorry, the kitten surprised me. I didn't mean to disturb...'' He escorts the kitten outside the room and closes the door slowly, not eyeing me still.

'' Have I done something wrong?'' Harry places his forehead to the frame and bites down to his bottom lip, trying desperately to control himself.

'' Wrong? You? Oh it's not in your DNA, is it?"

I grab him by the shoulders, tired of his allusive tone.

'' Would you just tell me what is it instead of pouting and acting like a damn baby?'' He flashes me with adead-glare and I shut up for a moment, scared by how vivid he looks.

" Go away Jade.'' He warns and I don't listen.

'' No, I want you to talk to me."

I sneak under his arms, blocking myself between the door and him. He doesn't say anything; he just glares as if he could make me disappear with a blink.