》Chapter Twenty-Five.

Edited by: _Rose

''What!'' I protest striking Harry with one of the most threatening glare I can manage to give him.

''Now this is something you don't see every day.'' Missus Alice places her hands on her hips and attentively studies Harry to see if he's serious. ''People don't usually steal around here because of the complex supervisory control. But the theft of a book is totally madness. Why would someone even risk so much for a book?'' Missus Alice inquires still looking at Harry's direction. I can tell she doesn't believe him one bit and I hold on to that as I build my defence.

'' This is absurd. You're accusing me of something I have never done! How dare you?'' I raise my voice, upset.

'' I saw you with my very eyes. I even called you to ask where did you put my book. You said you didn't know-''

'' Because it was true! I told you I was too busy helping my best friend to care about your dumb book, if I recall correctly.''

'' You did. However, I'm afraid there were just the two of us in the library when it disappeared and if I didn't take it, then the only one left...''

'' You know I would never do that!'' I test Harry and he dismisses me with his hand.

'' I have no clue about what you can or cannot do. You're such a crazy manipulative bitch.''

'' I am many things but not a thief. I don't have it my blood to rob people, I am not like this.'' I firmly state facing Missus Alice, pleading her to believe me.

I don't know what I will do if they don't. I have no proof it wasn't me and it's killing me on the inside seeing as she starts to believe his word.

'' Was the book expensive?'' Missus Alice asks and Harry nods slowly.

'' Pretty much. It was an exclusive copy signed by Fitzgerald himself. There are not many left. So I dare to say its value is pretty high.''

'' I don't know, Harry. Jade is clumsy, I know this for a fact but she had the chance to steal more expensive and ancient things, yet she always kept her hands to herself. She doesn't seem the kind of girl who does such thing.''

'' I know Missus Alice but look at her. Who would expect her snogging with strangers at private parties and dancing naked on tables every night? No one, still, she does it.'' Her jaw drops in astonishment; I fume with fury.

'' Excuse me? That happened one time, years ago and you know it because you heard Louis saying it.'' Harry cold face ignores me and focuses on Missus Alice.

'' Would you expect anything similar from such an angel face as our Jade's? Of course not, imagine my reaction when I saw her there, Missus Alice.''

'' This is not a conduct suitable for a lady, Jade. I am stunned to hear such things about you.''

'' But it's not true!'' I whine and Harry scoffs laughing at me.

'' You just admitted it Jade, don't take it back. It only puts you in a worse position.''

'' We will see it through. I'll have someone checking the cameras and see if you're actually guilty, then we will decide. I just hope Mr. Harry is wrong because I don't tolerate these kind of things in this house specially, not under my watch.'' She threatens and leaves us standing.

As soon as she turns the corner I move closer to Harry and push him as hard as I can.

'' What the hell do you want from me, uh? You don't only want to break me, you also want to ruin me! What have I done wrong to deserve you as my punishment, uh? Why don't you just leave me alone?'' Harry grabs my arms and lifts me up from the ground heading into his room. I kick and punch till he puts me down and locks the door behind me.