》Chapter Seventy-Five.

Edited by: _rose

Harry's Pov.

" What do you mean?" Karen sharpens her gaze, fixing it on Jade only for a second not wanting to speak the words I fear the most.

"We need to get the hell out of here. Grab only the necessary and hurry."

I don't why or how, the first thing that crosses my mind is leaning forward and grabbing Jade's hand, squeezing it as tightly as I can.

Her eyes are deep and narrowed, yet she doesn't jerk away. 

"Let's go." I simply state, gaining a nod by Jade as she grabs Cole's phone and hands it to him, without leaving my touch this time. I am bewildered by this simple gesture. For the first time since we got together again, she picked me and not Cole.

"Where do you think we should go?" Karen inquires as she collects all the things that may give the idea somebody was here.

" I haven't the faintest clue."

"We could crush at Louis'?" Jade looks startled and almost amused by my request. I shrug and scratch the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"Well, we bount a little when you were away." I explain as she bows to get my cat and put it into a bag with care, trying to calm him down.

"My mother's."

Karen scoffs so loud Jade's jumps in her position.

"That is the first place they'll search for us. A very bad idea."

" I wasn't asking." Jade's fires back with a light in her eyes that makes it hard to dismiss her. "I know they will go looking for her, that's why we need to get there first. She needs to be taken to safety." We all look kind of puzzled so Jade rushes to explain, a bit annoyed for our lack of brain." They didn't take me because I was a desperate girl like you Karen. I was a risky choice, I had family and friends. They took me for a reason and I'm sure my mother knows why."

We absolutely need to sit down and have a talk about this secret organization. I want to know who they are and I wanna haunt them down.

"This actually sounds like a plan."

" A good one?" Cole is nervous, I can tell the idea of getting caught doesn't delight him in the slightest.

"No, but still a plan." Karen's determination peeks from her words. She wants to get out of here alive, so she rushes us all on the hallway and heads for the stairs.

Jade has the backpack on one shoulder, having a bit of a hard time going down the stairs.. She must be in pain and I can't imagine how uncomfortable she must feel in her own skin. I would like to lift her of that burden but I'm afraid that, If I touch her, she'll shattered so I restrain myself and don't let go of her hand.

Halfway through, we hear a fuss coming from the bottom of the stairs. We picked the wrong road, it's clear. Now we need to understand how to turn back without being caught.

"Oh, no." Karen whispers before spinning around and pushing all of us to go back the way we came. Jade misplaces her feet and she emits a sharp groan that makes the whole staircase shaking and then everything falls into a dead silence. She looks up at me, her eyes are filled with unsaid words as if she is scared I'll leave her here.

She's nuts if she thinks I'll ever do that.

The steps turn from regular to furious and in a moment, we're face to face with five hooded men rushing towards us. I drag Jade behind me so that if they try to grab her, they'll need to go through me first.