》Chapter Thirteen.

Edited by: _rose

I'm trapped and so scared, my legs are shaking but I force myself to stay put, if he's watching me he can't see I'm afraid of him. It would give him too much power and then I will not be able to break free any more.

What to do then?

Let the game be started, what does this mean? What game does he want to play with me? And mostly, are we the only players? I couldn't bare him hurting anyone else. I wonder what did I do to upset this stupid stalker.

The answer comes clear and loud the second a shape takes a step forward and throws his hand up in attempt to touch me.

I jump back, hitting the tea table with the back of my legs and circling it so that it will stand in between us.

'' Are you okay?'' My eyes raise to his and I let him absorb me. His whole face is crossed with alarm; I can tell my expression is scaring him to pieces.

I look around and glue my eyes to the door, calculating how fast do I need to run and reach it before Harry catches me. He has longer legs, nevertheless I'm little and faster, I can count on that, I just pray he doesn't do any sport or I'll be totally hopeless.

I take a deep breath and, freeing my mind from any doubt, I shove my phone into the front pocket of my apron and bolt to the door. I just have the time to hear Harry snort in annoyance before he comes after me.

Two steps before the door, Harry's feature appears from nowhere with his back against the door frame. I can't stop because I'm too close, so I totally crush against his chest with a loud bang.

Harry sustains the blow easily and consequently wraps his arms around me tightly.

I gasp, the wind is knocked out of my lungs and I press into Harry with no way out.

I can't stay here, I can't because I don't know what this creepy stranger is capable of.

For what I know he could just be a bored teenager with nothing to do besides bothering me, but it could also be the other way around: this guy could be a crazy person with a psychiatric disorder and the attitude of killing people, maybe hiding their pieces in fridges.

'' Let me go.'' I beg him. Harry doesn't move a muscle, causing me to lose my calm. I bump with my fists against the top of his shoulders and growl loudly to let him know I'm serious.

'' I will, if you tell me what's going on.''

'' Nothing, I just want to get out.'' Harry doesn't believe me. I know he doesn't, I mean I wouldn't believe myself either. My voice sounds so broken and tired, even the dumbest person would understand something is wrong. And Harry is a lot of things but certainly, he's not stupid.

'' I can't stay here'' I pause forcing the words out. '' with you.''

Harry's body tenses and for a moment, I actually believe he will let me go because the grip around me loosens up a bit. However, as I try to take a step back, Harry brings me again to himself and I suffocate a whisper against his white flannel shirt, which smells so good I linger and surprisingly calm down.

'' Why not?'' He sounds so hurt my heart clenches with guilt. '' Do you hate me so much that you can't even bare the idea of staying in the same room as me?'' I fist his shirt and bite my tongue.

I don't hate him, I mean, I know I should and I know he can be really mean sometimes, but I've never hated anyone and apparently Harry is not an exception. Besides everything that happened, I kind of developed something for Harry, something barely visible and that never surfaces unless he truly needs help, but it's there, I can feel it and somehow I believe he senses it too.

That's why I have to go, if this person is jealous of me and I stay too much close to Harry, he could harm him and I don't want that, for anyone.

I open my mouth to speak but Harry cuts me off, afraid of my answer.

'' I can help.'' he awkwardly states and I snap my head up, watching as his cheeks change colour. I sweetly smile then, appreciating so much his offer.

'' Thank you Harry, really.'' He suddenly lowers his gaze and we stay silent studying one other.

'' I want to be so mad at you, you know?'' He blurts out of nowhere, his voice halfway between amused and desperate so I stop to stare at him.

'' Oh, wait. Aren't you?'' Harry lifts the corner of his mouth in a barely visible smirk, suffocating the need to laugh because he doesn't want to give in.

'' I am. A bit.'' He admits and I stay quiet, searching for someone or something that probably is not even in this room.

'' What?'' He inquires searching with me without even knowing what we are exactly looking for.

Harry's touch loosens up around me and I knit my eyebrows together startled by the sudden surrender. Obviously, I speak too soon since I sense his finger travel down my wrist and grab it. I blink twice trying to understand what's going on in his head, no explanation comes to my mind.

Harry pushes me to the side and opens the door, peeking his head out for a moment then comes back in and drags me behind him. I follow, not sure of what he's doing. We take the stairs, move up to the third floor and walk down the corridor till he pushes me inside the last room on the right that I recall as his.

He shuts the door closed and fixes his eyes on me.

'' Harry'' I warningly speak pointing to the door. '' Please let me out, I can't stay here.'' I try to explain, Harry doesn't flinch.

'' Why?'' I massage my temples and sit at the edge of his bed, my head spinning fast with ideas and plans, with possible scenarios.

'' I won't let you go if you don't tell me first. You look too scared. Just tell me, no one can reach us here.'' He looks so sure of what he has just said.

I puff in frustration and let my hands run in my hair pushing it back.

He crawls at my feet, looking at me with those eyes so green and genuine that for a moment, I almost tell him. But what if something bad happens to him? I'm not ready to take any chances so I just shut up again.

'' Is someone hurting you?'' He tries and I shake my head, not sure if I can count this as a lie. It's true, this stranger hasn't tried anything, for now.

'' I'm-'' He rests his hands on each side of the mattress unconsciously preventing me to escape and it looks like what he is about to say, it's really important for him so i stay still, waiting.

'' Are you scared I could, you know, harm you?'' My heart skips a beat, the bad thoughts going away. I just find myself losing my way inside his emerald gaze and I shake.

Something inside me moves and I find my eyes blurred by tears.

''I know I've told you I would have made your life miserable, but... I was just mad at you, okay? You didn't say anything I didn't deserve or knew already. Just forget all that shit, would you?'' He playfully dismisses me and I let a laugh escaping my lips. '' You don't care about me so I suppose there's nothing I can do about that, you know uh?'' Harry's face softens when he catches sight of my upset state and his mouth curves downwards in a frown.

I part my lips ready to tell him, but my phone goes off and I freeze in my place.

I take it out and read the text.

Unknown: So, little pawn. Can you tell me what rhymes with: twinkle, twinkle little star?

My mind runs so fast, he's really confusing, Oh Jesus. He's also so childish, the last time I've heard that song, I was like five and now I don't recall the rest of it, so I raise my head to ask Harry if knows it, however my phone flashes again with another text..

Unknown: Louis got a broken arm.

He's teasing, Louis is probably fine and he's just messing around with me.

This though, doesn't prevent me from jumping on my feet and start rushing out of the room. I need to find Louis; I need to make sure he's okay.