Quick Author's Note

Hello everyone! 

I hope you are all enjoying the story so far. 

I just wanted to make a few mentions about Aphrodite and her character. So far in the story, she has a lot of faults, and I realize this, but it is intentional.

She could be a better wife to Hephaestus, more faithful, patient, understanding, and she could be a companion to him or friend. 

Mostly, she is struggling with herself so much that she does not even realize how to do this for him. She is struggling to find her own happiness and this is basically consuming her. In the end, she becomes impulsive, running off with another man to keep her temporarily happy, and filling a hole Hephaestus isn't able to fill. 

While Hephaestus has not mistreated her, he doesn't have the capability to understand her completely, or be at her "level." While he's consumed by work, she's consumed by her own inner turmoil she isn't even aware that he may even be seeing. If that makes sense? 

And on top of that, he is passive, letting all the mistreatment go that has been done to him, while Aphrodite differs quite strongly and allows it to torment her. She is worried about how others see her and appreciate her. She doesn't want to be judged or do a terrible job, while he can't relate at all to comfort her or understand her issues. 

Aphrodite feels terrible for not connecting with Hephaestus...subconsciously, but she knows she's not meant to be with him. She's guilty and pities him, and she knows that isn't the basis of a proper marriage. She doesn't want to stay married to him, but can't make herself leave him. 

Ares, on the other hand, is at her level: strong, vengeful, passionate. He acts on things she wishes Hephaestus would do for her. He exerts the overpowering love she craves...

So now, while struggling with her own twisted self-image she seeks gratification from lover's attention, eventually aiming for the biggest prize: Ares' attention. She knows that if he loves her and cares to see her, then she's essentially worth something...while with Hephaestus she feels he is just as obligated to be with her as she is with him. 

She's conflicted in a lot of ways and should be making a lot of different decisions questionably...for example, not being adulterous...which is a huge issue for me personally. I think it's terrible, but from her point of view, she thinks differently than I do. 

Basically, in this story, I am trying to purely write it from a Goddesses point of view. She doesn't see it so terribly, and sleeping around was very common with the Gods and Goddesses, but I've always had a soft spot for poor Hephaestus...

Hopefully, you all understand and don't hate Aphrodite as a character. I am aiming to have her grow. After all the moment she was born Goddesses were envious of her beauty and the Gods lust after her just for her looks! She has made her worth based on her looks entirely, and that's not working for her mentally! Humans literally worship her for her beauty, how could that not go to your head? Haha

 Of course, she has many more mistakes in store....but she will get better, and I hope you all get to see her grow as you read along!

Feel free to comment how you would like to see her grow and progress and how you have seen her change already if at all!