Chapter 43

Luna finally found Luke trying to climb back onto the gantry, hanging precariously on the edge. He must have just been sucked out the window. She didn't waste a moment clipping the vibroblade onto her belt before running over, despite the protests of her leg, which was beginning to make it hard to do anything quickly, and helping Luke back onto the gantry.

"Who are you?" Luke asked as he stood.

"Luna. Come on we need to get out of here," she replied. The two of them headed down the gantry and into a hall, the only way to get out of the area, unfortunately, but Luna froze, sensing the darkness radiating from the man who was about to make himself known. She swallowed her nerves and managed to dodge Darth Vader's lightsaber. Luke thrust Luna behind himself as he drew his own lightsaber as the two Force users continued the duel.

Not to be one left out, especially since she could be used as a weakness being Luke always wanted to save everybody, Luna drew the vibroblade and helped where she could. To her dread, she knew that it wasn't enough to make a difference and once again mentally cursed herself for not bothering to ask for a lightsaber which would have been much easier to use and was more powerful than a viroblade.

The three of them fought, Luna and Luke continuously forced to give ground. At one point, Vader Force pushed Luna back into the railing at the end of the gantry, knocking the breath out of her. She nearly let go of her only weapon upon impact. Luna forced herself to stand despite her leg screaming at her.

While Luna was recovering, Luke fell backwards, nearly landing on top of her due to Vader's attacks. He found the blood red lightsaber pointed at his throat.

"You are beaten. It is useless to resist. Don't let yourself be destroyed as Obi-Wan did," Vader said.

Vader's words sparked rebellion in Luke. He used his sapphire saber to nick Vader's red one to the side before rolling as to dodge the arching red blade. He was somewhat thankful when the girl, Luna, joined back in, helping him try to keep Vader at bay. Luke was then able to land a blow on Vader's shoulder.

Luke and Luna found themselves backed up against the railing at the end of the gantry, with a long drop on either side. Luke shoved Luna under the railing, trying to get her to somewhere somewhat safer first being that he was older and the one with a lightsaber.

If Luna had known Luke was going to shove her onto what was practically a balance beam, she would have shoved him on the thing first or dodged him.

If she wasn't hurt, she may have been able to figure out a way to get herself in between Luke and Vader. As it was, she was hurt badly, and the moment Luna started to need to rely on balance, she fell to a knee, her right leg hanging down over the side, causing her to barely stay upright.

While Luna was busy trying not to fall or lose her only weapon, Luke ducked under the railing himself, hanging on to it to keep his balance as he continued to try and hold off the dark lord. Luke dodged behind an instrument complex of some sort, which was quickly cut by Vader's blade. Luke then made the mistake of being distracted by it for a second, glancing at it as it went by him. Vader took advantage of the distraction and cut off the youth's hand, effectively disarming him.

A scream of pain was ripped from Luke as Luna yelled, "No!"

Tears came to Luna's eyes but she tried to not let them fall as she slide backwards to to make room for Luke to get away from the Sith.

"There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you," Vader said as Luke squeezed his forearm under his left armpit, glaring up at Vader in hate. He began to move backwards ever so slowly. "You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy."