July 22th, 2018

"You guys have to eat something," Colombia sighed.

Maria and Diego shook their heads, they weren't hungry. At the moment the younger twins were sitting on the couch together, they were staring at nothing. 

They looked so empty.

Maria was caressing one of her twin's bloody fists. Diego had woken up earlier and at first, all he felt was anger.

So yeah.

Colombia looked at Venezuela, their cousins were out of it. Normally, you would expect one of their older brothers to be right there with them. Well... Canada was asleep and America... Someone needed to check on him.  He was usually up by now and didn't go to bed late last night.

Canada had stayed up all night, he kept zoning out and trying to smash things.

Venezuela stood in front of the twins, "Okay, you guys barely ate yesterday so you really need to eat now."

"Don't want to," They both responded.

Ecuador came over, he had been watching the scene and honestly. It was heartbreaking. North America had been acting so..... off, since yesterday. He knew the zoning out was because of all the stress lately.

They were trying to forget.

But they couldn't

He decided to try something and suddenly picked up Maria. She didn't protest but this got Diego's attention. 

Ecuador started to walk into the kitchen.

"Nooo," Maria said with no emotion. She still wasn't protesting much even though she didn't want to eat.

Diego got up and followed his sister. What was Ecuador up too? Why was he taking away his twin? No, he needed her. He needed to protect her and he felt better when she was around.

Venezuela, Colombia, and Brazil, who just came down, looked at Ecuador with curiosity.

Said nation saw Diego following them and put Maria down on a chair at the table. He walked back to the living and watched as Diego sat down next to her.

The twins started to talk to each other.

"How did you?" Venezuela was shocked that the twins actually went into the kitchen.

Ecuador explained, "Twins have a bond that other single siblings don't have whether their identical or fraternal. It's like they help each other just by being with each other. Maria and Diego need each other through this time. Just by being there, they're helping out each other. They don't want to be separated at a time like this. They mostly want to be with each other right now." He sighed, "I didn't want to take advantage of their situation or state. But they had to eat."

Brazil nodded, he understood, "I don't think it was taking advantage of them if you were trying to help them. The stress must be what's making them zone out so much and have a lack of appetite."

NYC came over to them, "Guys look," He motioned to the kitchen. The Mexicos were eating apple slices.

"They're finally eating," Venezuela sighed, "It's not much, but they're eating." She looked at the twins, "Do you guys want something to drink? The twins looked at her and nodded.

"So they're more cooperative when they're not zoned out," Mexico City said.

"It must be because they're distracted from the pain they're trying to forget," Massachusetts told him.  

"We have to somehow keep them distracted from what then. This whole thing is making them not sleep much, and not eat, and that's not healthy at all," Peru said as he joined them.