July 14th, 2018

Alfred felt his stomach twist as he waited for England outside Buckingham Palace. He had gotten there about 7 minutes ago. Yeah, he was early but he wanted to calm himself down first.

Back at the hotel room he was staying in, he had actually thrown up because of how nervous and scared he was thinking of being with England the whole day.

Talking to some of his family back in the Americas had done some help in calming him down but it would have been better if they actually were here with him in person. 

Alfred ate an apple for breakfast since he promised Venezuela, Colombia, Ecaudor, Paraguay, Maryland, Louisiana, and Canada that he would eat. But.... Hopefully England wouldn't taunt him on how big he was. 

There was only so much he could take.

And with his family across the world from him, there was a chance he could get a knife and rela-

No, America shook his head. He couldn't think that. He wanted to make his family proud, he didn't want to disappoint them.

"Alfred," A voice coldly said, snapping him out of his thoughts and at the same time making him even more nervous.

He looked up, "Arthur," He nodded, "How have you been-"

"I really must say. I don't appreciate the attitude you gave me yesterday in front of our bosses," England frowned.

"A-attitude?" What attitude? He barely even talked to the man yesterday.

"When I went to shake your hand, you didn't even move and just nodded. Don't play dumb with me. Have you forgotten you manners?" 

Oh that. No, that wasn't attitude. Wait, he had to clear that up. But wait, what could he say? He couldn't tell him that he was scared of him.

"I....I-I- I wasn't trying-"

"Save it, I was only being polite when I offered to show you around since it has been awhile since you have been here. So don't embarrass me, like you always do."

Alfred took a step back. He wanted to go home.

"Wait Engl- I mean Arthur, I really wasn't trying to be rude yesterday, I was just-"

"I said save it!!" England said a little louder causing Alfred to jump and step back even more, "I swear, you never listen. I'm your father Alfred, I deserve some respect from yo-" He took a step towards America but was pushed back.

"Well, I have never been so glad that your definition of respect and my definition of respect are completely different things," Alfred saw someone step in front of him, separating him and England. He recognized his savior.

Portugal?

"What are you doing here Poruga- Joao!?!" England asked angrily.

"I was just in town, passing by," He turned and winked at Alfred, who felt some relief and safer.

"Whatever," England spat, "You can move now. We were having a private conversation," He tried taking a step towards America.

Alfred suddenly tried hiding behind his father- Portugal even more. While the older nation once again protectively stood in front of him and pushed England back.

Again.

He scoffed, "Private huh? That conversation stopped being private, the moment you started yelling and scaring him when he clearly was uncomfortable."

"You need to sod off," He tried to look at America once more, "For goodness sakes come on Alfred. We must get going."

Alfred started to scratch his arm through his long sleeved shirt, hard. He didn't want to go with England, he rather stay with Portugal.