Chapter Seventeen

With a roar as powerful as that of King Ashanti, even the dead would be rolling in their slumber.

It was so mighty and held so much emotion that it managed to break the seal on princess Nubia's mind. Her body jolting fast awake as if she had just been electrocuted.

She got out of her mother's study and was surprised at the scene in front of her.

The guards that were supposed to be watching her both had their heads in their hands and were surrounded by a pool of their blood.

She raced to her room and found the letter that her mother had placed on her bed. Her handwriting covered the front of the envelope in some weird symbols.

The princess studied it for a second before recognizing them one by one. They were all symbols that she had seen in the Moon Goddess's cave.

Quickly opening it, she pulled out the letter and began to read it.

My darling daughter, I'm sorry that I had to be leaving you so soon but there was no other way. My death was the only thing that could activate your powers.

While you were sleeping, the Goddess was preparing for you to take my crown.

You had been chosen way before your birth to be the vessel. Please go out there and make us proud. Do what you was born to do.

A teardrop fell onto the paper as she ripped it to pieces. Her body began to vibrate as she sped off to join the battle outside.

Her eyes widened as she saw the horror in front of her. Everyone looked like they were in a blood bath. Bodies covered the ground like a blanket.

She scanned the battleground to look for her main target, but he was nowhere in sight. Instead, she saw her mother's lifeless body laying among some other dead wolves.

She didn't know what to do as she remained glued in the same position. Her heart began racing as the vibrations quickened. The transformation was taking place.

She ran into a corner, not wanting anyone to see her as to not distract them before falling to the ground. Her back arching into an uncomfortable position as her bones began breaking.

The rain helped soothe some of the pain but it was still unbearable. Her arms and legs were bending in the opposite direction and she could feel her tail poking its way out of her skin.

She felt like screaming but managed to hold it in. Bloody tears came pouring out of her eyes as she pulled at the grass. Her claws extending and her canines growing.

Her heart was pounding in her chest as if it wanted to jump out. Every little sound became so much clearer than it already was with her werewolf genes. Her vision would switch between focus and blurry which made them even more watery.

It felt like little needles was poking through her skin where the fur was growing. She couldn't take the pain any longer.

Tilting her head upwards, she let out a painful screech. The pain she was feeling right now and how devastated she was over her mother's death echoed through it.

Then the rain suddenly stopped. The sun separated from the moon and the sky cleared up. The wind died down and everything was normal again, but that didn't stop everyone from fighting.

Slowly, the princess stood up. Energy emerged out of nowhere and filled up her veins.

Her bloodied form made its way to the center of the battle. Her straight blonde hair shielding her eyes and her clothes all torn up now.

One of the scaly folk tried to attack her, but all it took was one punch to throw it flying. Another one came at her and the same thing happened.

She sat down with her legs crossed and began crying once more. The sound of her bawling caught the attention of everyone.

"Who killed my mommy? Who killed my mommy?" She cried out. Her bloody tears running down her cheeks.

Her father ripped out the guy's heart he was fighting with and raced over to his little girl. His arms immediately wrapping around her as he rocked her back and forth.

"She's looking over us now," he whispered in her ear. "Everything's going to be fine soon."

"I hate to break it to you but since you haven't noticed, without Alejandra you wolves are done for," Starry interrupted them.

Princess Nubia removed her father's hands from around her and stood up. Then she flipped her hair back which made everyone gasp in shock.

Her eyes were no longer blue and silver but plain white. A smile crept up onto her face as she observed Starry.

"So you were the one who killed my mother?" She asked in a quiet voice. "Oh sweet Goddess, help me," she chuckled.

Before anyone could do something, she launched herself at Starry and bit into her neck.

"Stop!" A voice that princess Aracel knew too well shouted. Darlius was running towards them as princess Nubia waited for him. An evil glint in her eyes.

"Why should I stop? She killed my mother, the queen and the Goddess's messenger." She began smirking. "Now that I think about it, why should I not kill you either? You are her son."

Princess Aracel's eyes widened as she stared at him. She didn't know what to think, especially with the death of her mother.

"Is this true Darlius?" She asked, her voice breaking. "Please tell me it's not true."

Darlius looked between the sisters before speaking. "It's true, she is my mother."

Princess Aracel was about to say something but her sister beat her to it. "Well too late for whatever this is," she said and then bit of Starry's neck.

"Now let this be a warning to all of you to never go against the Moon Goddess!" She shouted as she flew Starry's body at her people.

Just then Darlius charged at her as princess Aracel screamed. Prince Omirion tried to jump in front of her but it was too late.