Chapter Thirteen

Things have been slowly progressing with Jovano and I'm a bit worried about what will happen next or maybe I'm just being silly.

The pack was warming up to me but I was still having problems with moving freely around them, but I have been trying to with everything that's about to happen.

I was currently snacking on some grapes besides the pool as my last meal for the day although Jovano is still trying to get me to change my diet and it's working.

Eating up the last remaining grape, I splashed my feet in the pool loving the feeling of cool water on my skin. I wanted to just remove my clothing and dive right in, but I didn't want anyone to see the rest of my scars.

They had already seen those on my back, arms and legs and I didn't know how they would react if they saw that I also had on my stomach. They already looked at me with pity, I would want them to feel like they have to be kind to me.

I couldn't help but wonder what my grandmother would think of me if she actually came here. Whether or not she still liked me or if she had turned her back on me like everyone else.

A small smile made its way to my face as I thought of how happy my father was when my mother was still alive. Now he is just an empty shell of the man that he once was as he allows Felicia to rule him.

I didn't like the thought of hating someone, but there was just something about Felicia that was just off. Now that I think about it, she loved cutting me and never removed my blood from her knife but was always clean a few seconds after.

My eyes widened as realization dawned on me. It all made sense now and I was beginning to fear for my father. Felicia was always getting stronger whenever she would hit me and I was always curious as to how her strength only increased.

She must have been using my blood for her own desires, but if that as true, that meant her body was slowly becoming weak with my absence.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist before I was being pulled off the ground and into a tight embrace.

"Your grandmother will be arriving later today," Jovano announced making me both happy and nervous not knowing what to expect. Recently, I have been trying to make contact with her in my dreams. I don't know if they worked or if Jovano found her out of pure luck.

"Wonderful," was all I could say when he placed me back on the ground. "Anyways, there is something I didn't know how to tell you."

It was about time that I told him this, because as an Alpha this was necessary for him and his pack and I wasn't sure of how he would take the news.

"What is it?" He asked, scanning my face worriedly as I gave him a small smile. This was not going to be easy because I was basically shattering his heart.

"Let's talk somewhere more private," I said, while dragging him away from the pool and into the house to our bedroom before closing the door.

"So what is it that you had to tell me?" He was both nervous and worried as he sat down on the chair and pulled me onto his lap, making it even harder to tell him with all the tingles shooting throughout my body.

"I know this is a bit early in our relationship, but I won't be able to give you and the pack the heir that you need," I rushed out, observing his reaction.

His face was emotionless as he let the words sink in making me scared that he might lash out at me.

"What do you mean you won't be able to give me an heir?" His voice was calm as he spoke. "Can you not carry children?" He asked worriedly.

I shook my head at him. "I am a pure descendant of the Moon Goddess, therefore I can bare only two children, one boy and a girl. In my family, the girls are normal, but the boys," I paused, not knowing how to continue this.

I decided to start at the beginning. "The firstborn is always the boy who is born in wolf form and be won't be able to shift until he is eighteen years of age. He will live on his own for those eighteen years as a true wolf. The reason why these children won't be your offspring is because they are given to me by the Moon Goddess herself. Well not by herself directly, but from another pure descendant of hers."

Looking into Jovano's eyes, I saw that he was still confused as he asked the question I was not ready for.

"So where is he?" I was taken by surprise by his question. I thought that he might have asked if I had a brother or whether he was alive, but I can clearly see why he would ask about him.

After some minutes passed by, I felt his hand on my shoulder calming me down. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

I smiled sadly at him before finally responding. "I don't know,"I lied. I knew he was coming here and it wouldn't take long before he actually got here. I just did not know how Jovano would react to this news. 

"What happens when he finds you?" He asked curiously as a tear drop rolled down his eye.

"We continue our generation of wolves. That's the way it has always been. A few of my kind are spread out through Earth and we live by this tradition to keep the Goddess's secret." I responded as I felt him vibrating beneath me, so I rested my hand on his chest to calm him down. I couldn't tell him that things would be alright because it wouldn't.

He was about to speak when I cut him off. "The Goddess gives the females a mate to make it seem as if we are just like any other wolf and to not cause any suspicion. However, when I meet my real mate, this bond is supposed to break off."

He removed me from his lap as he stood up and went to a corner of a room. He was still angry from what I just told him and I wanted to comfort him, but he needed some time to think about it.

I hadn't planned on telling Jovano about him today, but when he asked I couldn't lie to him anymore and so I told the truth. I also just had to tell him knowing that I would be getting my wolf soon and that I would have to leave him.

I got up and was about to exit the room to give him some time alone when my bone cracked. Agonizing pain flooded my body as more bones began cracking and I began sweating.

Jovano's arms were instantly wrapped around me as I opened my mouth to tell him let go, but all that came out was a high pitched scream.

I could feel my bone structure shaping as my skin was reforming to cover up my new structure as my body felt like it was on fire. One last scream left my mouth before I blacked out from the incomplete process.