Chapter Twenty Two

These past few days, I have been trying to ignore Ashanti as best as I could because the Moon Goddess wasn't wasting anytime in putting her plan in action and unfortunately for me, I am the center piece in her little game.

Every little thing about him was just calling out to me and I was trying my very best to not just jump him then and there. The pull was just so strong and I don't know for how long my body will be able to resist him.

I'm often wondering if he is feeling the same way that I am, but from the looks of it, it is pretty hard to tell. Maybe he is just very good at masking it or maybe she is only affecting me. Whichever it is, I just want her to stop.

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of having a simple little life. Living on a little farm in the middle of nowhere with two dogs and three cats and growing my own garden, while not being too far from a river away from the rest of the world.

Maybe it was because I was so young and didn't see the true colours of the world that I imagined my life being so or maybe from all the stories that my mother would tell me.

Still, I didn't understand why she never thought of telling me about this. Telling me our family little secret and what has been going on for so long, but she didn't. She just left me all alone with no explanation as to what was happening and why and I was just supposed to figure it all out on my own with no help from anyone.

This was more like a curse that was just being passed on from generation to generation and I didn't want any part of it. If only there was a way for me to be the one to end this messed up hereditary curse or whatever it is.

Currently, I was looking through the window and just staring at Ashanti who was watering his vegetation. He was shirtless as my eyes roamed his sweaty body as images flashed through my mind.

Shaking my head to get rid of the nasty thoughts, I turned away from the window and went into the bathroom to try to get a grip on myself. It felt as if my true self was being tugged away and someone foreign to me was trying to get in my body.

Staring at the mirror, I noticed that my blue eyes had gotten darker and my skin was a bit more pale than. Looking into my eyes, I kept on questioning whether this was the real me or was she still trapped deep inside of me.

Splashing some water onto my face, I left the bathroom and went into the kitchen to grab a knife. I don't know what changed in me but I just knew that I was tired of letting the Goddess decided what happened to me. I was sick and tired of being her little toy and I was willing to do anything to prevent her plans from happening.

Going to the couch, I hid the knife behind the pillow and rested my back on it wondering if this was the right thing to do. My mind was saying that I should do it while my heart was screaming not to, but sometimes you should listen to your mind instead of your heart.

Your heart can get you into serious trouble but if you had listen to your mind, then you might have been able to prevent it. That's a mistake that most people do and seem to never learn from, but I wasn't ready to make the same mistake again.

Pulling my knees up to my face, I began rocking back and forth as crazy thoughts just raced through my mind. I didn't know what would happen if my plan failed and I was afraid to know what might happen, but if it worked, then I didn't know where to go.

I didn't know of any living family members besides my grandmother and according to Ashanti, she just vanished and no one knows where she may be. My mother had never taken me to my grandmother's home because she was always the one who came to visit us and she never talked about where she lived.

Just as I was about to chicken out, Ashanti came into the house and was about to pass me straight when he saw my worried form rocking back and forth.

"Is something wrong? Are you sick?" He asked as he took a seat near me. He placed his hand on my shoulder and I instantly stopped with my little act. There was no going back now because I would get caught and I didn't want to find out what would happen.

My hand was now slowly reaching beneath the pillow and reaching for the knife as he pulled me in for a hug. Thankfully, the blanket was resting on me so I was able to move the knife from behind me without him seeing me do so.

"I am so sorry," I said sadly, meaning every word. I could tell he was confused as to what I meant by that but I gently patted his back as I felt my eyes watering. 

Taking in a deep breath, I stabbed him in the back. I put in a lot of strength on the knife as I watched the blood run down his body. He cried out in pain as I wasted no time in moving from his embrace and running out the door.

I didn't know where to go but I had an idea. I knew that the safest place for me was to live among humans so that was exactly what I was going to do.

Running as fast as my feet could go, I did as Ashanti taught me and switched into my second form which was the being half human and half wolf. My senses were increased as were my abilities and I was able to run much faster.

My plan was to head to the nearest place filled with humans so that my scent would be mixed with theirs and then I would move further away where neither Ashanti or the other wolves would find me.

This was my chance to make my life better.