Chapter Twenty Four

"I needed you,
By my side.
I loved you,
But now you hide.

Baby please,
I need a chance.
To take,
What is mine.

Always,
Hiding low.
But,
I see you.

Do not dare go.
Do not dare go.
Do not dare go.

Always,
Hiding low.
But,
I see you.

You can try,
What you want.
But I will find,
A way to be

Yours forever
Yours forever
Yours forever"

As I was done singing the song, I heard clapping coming from the door which caused me to jump in fright as I looked to see who the intruder was.

He was a tall, dark haired man with sparkling light brown eyes. He wasn't very muscular but neither was he lean. I recognized him as Madra's son who wasn't often around but when he was, the house shook from his laughter.

"I have never heard a sound so simple yet enticing at the same moment." His brown eyes looking my body up and down since I was only in my bra and panties. "I'm sorry if I startled you but when I heard your voice, I just had to see who it belonged to."

That sounded like a lame excuse to me because I am sure his mother told him about me and where I was staying, but I said nothing as I threw on a long sleeve shirt and a short skirt that didn't match.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you have so many scars?" He asked, as I went and took a brush from my dresser. Learning from my grandmother, I decided that my scars were a part of me and I should embrace every single one of them.

"I liked running in the woods but I have fallen so many times that I have lost count," I said, shrugging my shoulders. It wasn't like I could just say that I was abused by my stepmother and pack because I'm sure he would ask more questions.

He seemed to buy my little lie as his hand reached for the door knob before he started talking. "Well, it's nice to meet the girl that my mother have been speaking non-stop about." 

When he left the room, I tied my hair up into a high ponytail as I looked at my outfit. Seeing how it didn't match and that I was to lazy to change it, I put on some long crazy socks to make my outfit complete.

Pleased with my weird and crazy dressing, I waited until all the chatter downstairs stopped before going to grab a snack in the kitchen. I hated speaking with other people because they could be nosy at times and I just wanted to avoid all their questions, which I'm sure Madra told them.

Snacking on a banana, I decided to go for a jog before doing some yoga to clear my mind. While running, the familiar feeling of someone spying on me crept back into my mind as I increased my pace.

Finally, I got to the quiet little spot which I had come across as I began to do my regular stretches. Yoga always helped move my mind away from all my worries and just let it all go as I freed myself.

"Damn you're flexible," a voice said, causing me to fall from my headstand and onto the grass. Looking for the source of the voice, I saw that it belonged to Madra's son, who for some reason happened to be where I am.

His words reminded me of when Jovano caught me stretching as I shook my head to get rid of the memories. I couldn't think about him knowing that his love for me was just a decoy set by the Goddess.

She played with my feelings by making him help me not be suicidal but I am sure there were many other ways she could have helped me. 

Anyways, now wasn't the time to think about that because this man could be here to kill me for all I know and I was just reflecting on the past giving him enough time to do so.

"What do you want?" I asked, not realizing how close he was now standing me. His eyes raking over my body before looking back into my eyes.

"You," he said, as his eyes filled with lust and his hands found themselves on my waist. I craved only one person's touch and that person was definitely not him as I shook his hands off of me and took a step back.

"Long, flowing black hair and blue eyes like the skies up above. From since when I first laid eyes on you, I couldn't get your picture out of my mind," he said, taking a step towards me. "I knew that I had to have you."

I didn't know what he was about to do as he raised his hands but I didn't want to know. So I slapped him across the face before kneeing him in the stomach. When he fell to the ground holding his stomach, I took that as the time to run away from him.

Heading back to the house, I burst through the door to see Madra, her daughter and her husband and her grandchildren were all standing in a straight line.

"We've been waiting for you, daughter," Madra said in a creepy tone, as she smiled at me. I didn't know what was going on or what to do and thought that maybe they were possessed or something.

I was about to run up to my room when arms tightly snaked around my waist and held me in place as I tried to get out of his grip.

"You have no idea how long we have been trying to get the perfect bride for my son and then you came along. A gift from our God," Madra said proudly while raising her hands towards the ceiling.

I could feel his hot breath on my neck as I stopped struggling because it was getting me nowhere. Instead, I tried a different approach and shifted into my second form thinking that they would run from me.

"Oh honey, you don't scare us. We knew what you were the moment our eyes landed on you," the man holding me chuckled.

Just when I thought my luck had changed, this is what happens. When will I get a break?

Hey Guys! If you think the book is going at a quick pace, please let me know so that I can slow it down a bit. I always get carried away when the ideas just go off like a bomb in my head.

Anyways, that's all and see you guys in the next update. :-)