Chapter Four

Queen Alejandra was slowly making her way down the concrete stairs to the dungeon. The scent of blood and wolfsbane lingering in the air.

As usual, she was doing her monthly visits to a special prisoner. Her husband often told her not to go, but she never listened and instead began going secretly.

She ignored all the other prisoners as she made her way to the farthest cell.

His body was leaning against the wall as his wavy, light brown hair messily covered his face. Blood stains were on his shirt and the concrete floor.

That man was Alpha Jovano.

He was known as an Alpha that was willing to do anything for his pack, but it wasn't long before the truth was revealed. The truth about how he is just the same as the other selfish and greedy Alphas.

When he heard the numerous rumours about queen Alejandra, who at that time appeared as weak, he was more than ready to use her for his own wicked desires.

It was said that once she had shifted and tasted the blood of one's enemy, she could be used to assassinate them. He wanted her to be his little puppet.

At first, he did truly love her but those feelings were just planted by the Moon Goddess. It was all part of her plan in order to make everything be the way that it is supposed to.

Running her fingers along the bars, his head slowly tilted up. The silver eyes that was once filled with hatred and life was now dull and empty.

"How has this month been?" She asked, as she crouched down in front of the bars. As usual, he said nothing but continued to watch her.

"Time sure does fly by quickly." He made a barely audible sound. "If only you hadn't tried to come after me, then you wouldn't be here today."

It pained her to see him in this condition even after what he attempted to do. She was just a naturally kindhearted person and because he was her first love.

Back in that time, she was desperate for the love and attention that she never received after her mother's death and he was the first person to give it to her.

It gave her feelings she didn't even know was there and had her wanting more. He took care of her and nursed her back to health.

Maybe of it wasn't for him, she would have been dead long ago.

"I hate seeing you like this," she said more to herself than him. That seemed to have got his attention as he slowly began to drag his self toward her.

When he finally made it to the bars, he stretched his hands towards her. "Well help me." The words came out harsh and his voice was unrecognizable.

She was a little surprised at first because this was the first time he had spoken to her after being tortured.

"You know I can't and even if I could wouldn't help you," she shook her head at him. No matter how much she tried forgetting the wrong he did her, she just couldn't.

His hand weakly grabbed her arm as he tried to pull her towards him. A gasp escaped her lips as a light shock passed through her body.

Her body froze, unable to react. That was the last thing she expected that could happen and she didn't even know what it meant.

Something else was going on and she needed answers immediately.

Without a second thought, she bolted out the dungeon and all the way to her study. It had been quite some time since she spoke to the Moon Goddess but now seemed like the perfect time.

Outside in the rose garden, princess Aracel was having Art lessons together with her sister. They were both painting the same rose and they were instructed to capture every detail in their painting.

Princess Aracel always got bad grades on her painting, but she blamed it on their teacher while her sister got good grades.

The queen had already expected her younger daughter, Nubia to be skilled at painting as it was part of their training as well. She also knew that Aracel struggled with being focused on one thing for so long, so she hoped that she would improve.

That skill could also become very handy when on the battlefield. It would be of great help to observe everything about the enemy before the fight began.

"Done,"Nubia sang out, as she put down her paint brush. Their teacher, Ms. Bedelia, came rushing over to see her artwork.

After observing it for a few minutes, she adjusted her glasses before praising the young girl. "Well done Nubia. You never fail to impress."

A large smile covered her face as she admired her work while jumping up and down. As soon as it is done drying, she would quickly run with it to show her mother.

"Finally, I have finished," Aracel sighed as she watched her own painting.

Ms Bedelia took one last glance at Nubia's before going over towards her. The expression on her face told Aracel all that she needed to hear.

"Oh my, princess. It seems you have greatly improved over night. Down from your strokes to all the details," she said in awe, her eyes studying it.

A smile came onto her face as this was the first time her art piece had gotten so much praise and she was loving it.

"Good job sis," Nubia congratulated her as she too was now watching her sister's piece. "But obviously mine is still way better than yours."

She had already expected her sister to say something like that, so she smacked her behind the head. So Nubia stomped hard on her foot as payback.

"Princesses, princesses!" Ms. Bedelia shouted as she tried to step in between them.

Suddenly Darlius came rushing towards them to separate what would soon become a full on fight. This was a usual behaviour of the two and everyone had grown used to it.

"Your father is going to be arriving today and I would appreciate if you two could act somewhat decent," Darlius said, as he held back princess Nubia.

At the mention of the king's arrival, the princesses immediately calmed down. They wouldn't want to upset their father on the same day that he was returning.

In an instant, princess Nubia was no longer in Darlius hands as she was running towards the castle yelling for her mother.

This was going to be a long day.