Blue vs Blue of a Goodbye

Open to Loco looking at a screen.

Loco: Working! It's working! It's alive! (Forced evil laughter)

Temple: For real?

Loco: Yes, the resonance cascade is going! the drill is drilling! And the door, the door will be opening too! Hooray!

Temple: Loco, you magnificent bastard! I love you right now!

Surge enters

Surge: Let's not pop the champagne just yet. The Reds and Blues are inside the facility. They have breached the outer defenses!

Temple: FUCK! Oh, well, whatever. Surge, hold them off. You just need to buy us time.

Surge: But I don't have the re-

Temple: But nothing, Grunt! A soldier follows orders, no matter what. You taught me that. So, make good on that, and buy us some motherfucking time.

Surge: Sir, yes, sir! (Leaves)

Loco: Ooh! They're here! Oh boy! I-I have to get something from the ship.

Temple: Woah, like hell! You need to stay here and watch these controls!

Loco: It runs itself! Plus, I'll be real quick!

Temple: Fine. But listen, Loco. The Reds and Blues are our mortal enemies. If you see them, you have to kill them. Got it?

Loco: OK. (Runs out)

Temple: And make it quick.

Cut the Blood Gulch Crew, Carolina, Jax and Dylan standing in an area of the base

Tucker: Listen up, mission's simple. Find that crazy machine and shut it the fuck down.

Simmons: Uh, which way?

Tucker: No choice, we've got to split up. Reds, head thataways. The Blues and me and Alaska, Carolina will take the other door.

Alaska: That was a hell of a hike up here, Carolina. Are you sure you don't need a minute?

Carolina: Yes, I'm sure. If I take it easy, I'll be fine. Don't worry.

Dylan: Jax and I will stay here where it's safe for us. It's better that way.

Tucker: Let the record state that we all know you're lying.

Dylan: Duly noted.

Tucker: Take Donut for protection at least.

Donut: I knew I wore my latex armor for a reason!

Grif: Why does Dylan get both the human shields?

Sarge: Reds! On me! As far as days to die go, it's a little overcast. So, let's check our corners and make these bastards pay!

Tucker: Blues! Let's light the fires and kick the tires!

Sarge: Reds! Let's dance with these monkeys and give 'em what for!

Tucker: Blues! Let's put the pedal to the metal and the rubber to the road!

Sarge: Reds! Let's get jiggy with it!

Dylan: Does this sort of thing happen often?

Carolina: I think the record is two hours.

Alaska: The worst two hours of my life.

Sarge: Reds! Let's shoot this monkey full of heroin and put it on YouTube! Actually, let's not do that, it sounds completely horrible.

Cut to a trio of zealots. Two of whom are shot down