Chapter 51

A/N: Please read the authors note at the end, it's quite important. Enjoy. xx

Chloe's POV

Harry lead me over to where the guitars stood. He let my hand go and pointed at the new bean bag that sat on the ground, gesturing for me sit down. I sat down in the comfortable black bean bag, and adjusted my position, so that the beans in the bag felt comfortable against my body.

I looked up at Harry who was grabbing a guitar from the stand and placing the straps over his shoulder. He pulled the guitar into the right position and placed his fingers along the strings, pressing down, whilst his other hand sat lightly against the strings over the hole in the middle of the guitar.

He looked up at me and smiled as he spoke. "So, I had a very productive day today and I got a lot done," he started, making me smile. "You remember the song I showed you back at my place?"

I nodded. How could I have possibly forgotten the song he'd written me? I knew that it wasn't finished, but it was honestly one of the most talented and heart felt songs I'd ever heard.

"Well, I finished it today," he said, a nervous smile gracing his lips. "I've had a few lyrics swimming around in my head for a while, I just haven't gotten around to writing them down."

"You finished it?" I grinned, my heart thumping rapidly in my chest.

"Indeed I did," Harry nodded. "You want to hear it?"

"Of course!" I nodded frantically.

Harry took in a deep breath and held the guitar tighter in his hands. "I'll start from the start," he spoke, and with that, his hands started strumming the strings of the guitar, and the familiar tune I loved filled my ears.

"Don't talk, let me think over. How we gonna fix this? How we gonna undo all the pain?" Harry's raspy voice brought goosebumps to my arms and an inevitable grin to my face.

I mumbled the words I already knew, and watched him intently as he strummed the guitar harder when the chorus came. His eyes were closed tightly, and I couldn't help but bite my lip as I got aroused with the sight of his veins sticking out prominently in his neck, whilst he belted out the lyrics.

As he started singing the unfamiliar words, he opened his eyes and looked at me attentively. The words flowed from his mouth beautifully and I absorbed the words, I realise how closely they had related to us multiple weeks ago. We'd come so far and to hear the words Harry sang, it hit me like a bus, just how complicated we'd originally been.

"I feel you burning under my skin. I swear I see you shining, brighter than the flame inside your eyes. Bitter words spoken, everything's broken. Is it too late to bring us back to life?"

Harry sang the chorus, before repeating a few lines he'd sung before, and singing the chorus another two times. The smile on my face couldn't be removed seeing as I loved every single word that escaped his lips.

The one line that stuck with me was, 'bitter words spoken, everything's broken. Is it too late to bring us back to life?'. It was the perfect way to describe our relationship in its early stages. Harry spat hurtful words towards me, yet I retorted harshly, too, at times, and sometimes I wondered if we were ever going to be okay, but it turned out to be alright, because Harry and I were happier than ever.

As the strumming on his guitar died out and his voice faded, I focused my attention back to his standing figure, and grinned up at him.

"That was so good, Harry," I spoke, standing up and walking over to him.

"You like the added lines?" He asked, placing the guitar down.

"Yes," I grinned, reaching him and wrapping my arms around his neck, our faces still in line. "They were perfect."