Chapter 28

Chloe's POV

"Simon insists that Harry stays home today," said Liam as we sat at the table, eating breakfast.

"What? Why?" Asked Harry, turning his head to look at Liam.

"I think he just wants to make sure you're definitely one hundred percent better before you get back in the studio," explained Liam.

"Oh, well. I get to stay home," he chuckled. "Score one for Harry."

I rolled my eyes, standing up and collecting their empty plates. This meant that I was spending another day alone with Harry- not that I minded of course. I had no clue what we were supposed to do, though. I guess we'd think of something.

"Be nice for Chloe," winked Louis.

"Trust me, I will," chuckled Harry. I blushed a deep red and exited the room, making my way to the kitchen. I shook my head as I placed the plates in the sink, getting some water ready to wash them.

I think Harry told the boys everything when they got home last night. I went to bed earlier than usual, my tiredness getting the best of me. I assumed Harry stayed up for a while longer, because the boys have been acting incredibly suss. They keep dropping hints about Harry and I, and it's making it quite obvious Harry spoke to them about the whole situation. It's not like I wasn't expecting him to, I mean, they're all like brothers. I probably should've expected their cheeky remarks and their not-so-secretive smirks and winks. It's quite embarrassing, to be honest.

I scrubbed the plates with the sponge in the soapy water. Bits of egg and the crumbs from the toast floated around in the water, making me cringe each time my hand touched a piece. It kind of grossed me out. I stacked the plates in the drainer next to the sink and dried my hands with the hand towel we kept in the kitchen.

I made my way back to the dining area and saw the boys were still sitting there talking. I smiled and sat back down in my seat next to Zayn. I was directly across from Harry, and he smiled brightly as I crossed my legs.

"What are guys supposed to be doing in the studio today?" I asked, pushing loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I think we're going go over some of our solos for the new album, or something like that," said Louis.

I nodded. "When's the new album coming out?"

"We don't actually know," chuckled Zayn, next to me.

"Oh, okay then," I laughed.

"Some time this year, though," smiled Liam.

"Oh, so pretty soon then?" I asked, smiling at them.

They nodded, excitement written on their faces. It was cute how passionate they were about their music. It was obvious they were doing what they loved, and they knew how lucky they were to be in their position- never taking it for granted.

"It's going to be pretty good, I think. Niall wrote one of the songs himself, and so did Harry," Liam informed me.

"Really?" I asked, looking at Niall then across to Harry, who was biting his lip, trying to hide his smile.

"Yeah, they're excellent songs," praised Zayn.

"I can't wait to hear them then," I chuckled, smiling at the two boys.

I actually wasn't surprised to hear that they had written a song for the album. Each one of the boys could write a song for an album if they really wanted to. They're all so talented. They've just got a way with words. The lyrics they write are so beautiful.

"I know you'll love Harry's song," winked Louis. I blushed slightly and looked over to Harry. He shot Louis a small glare before catching my gaze, chuckling slightly.