Chapter 23

Chloe's POV

I huffed and flopped against Harry's soft carpet, dropping the vacuum to my side. I wiped my forehead with the back of my hand, collecting the sweat I'd created whilst cleaning Harry's room. I scanned Harry's room, checking to make sure that it was spotless and would be up to his "standards". The carpet was ridiculously clean and everything was in place. I didn't look at anything I shouldn't have and I'd put all his dirty clothes into the basket that I would take downstairs to wash.

I hopped up off the floor, grabbing the basket and dragging the vacuum behind me. As difficult as it was, I got downstairs and placed the vacuum in the 'cleaning appliances closet' and dropped Harry's load of washing into the washing machine, turning it on and leaving it to clean the clothes.

I walked out to the lounge room, sitting down on the couch. I turned on the TV and switched to the movie channel. As I did so, the time popped up on the screen and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. It was already five o'clock, meaning I'd cleaned Harry's room for three hours.

"Little shit," I groaned, annoyed that I'd waisted my day on cleaning Harry's room. Then again, I am here to be a maid, so it was sort of a part of my job and expected from me.

I sighed and settled on the movie, 'Aquamarine'. I lay on my side as I watched the movie, my elbow resting on the pillow and my hand holding my head up. My legs were curled up to my chest and I was comfortable. During the course of the movie, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich and popcorn, filling myself up, seeing as I hadn't eaten a lot. I only got to watch an hour of the movie before the boys came home. I was surprised they were home at six, but they told me they were let off early.

"What did you do today?" Asked Niall, sitting down on the couch along with the other boys. I glanced over at Harry to see him staring at me, awaiting my answer.

"I cleaned Harry's room," I answered shortly, looking away from him.

"Oh, I thought your room was always clean, Harry?" Asked Liam, looking at him suspiciously.

"So did I," I mumbled under my breath.

"Well, I guess I just got careless," lied Harry. I rolled my eyes and stood up from the couch.

"What do you guys want for dinner?" I asked, all eyes on me.

"I don't mind, whatever's on offer," smiled Zayn.

"I can cook anything, so whatever you guys want is fine," I smiled.

Harry scoffed, "Don't flatter yourself, darling."

I rolled my eyes and bit my lip, stopping myself from saying something I shouldn't.

"Harry..." Louis trailed off, giving the 'warning' eyes.

"I'm just saying..." Mumbled Harry.

"Whatever," I huffed. "I'll just make pasta."

"Sounds good," smiled the boys. I nodded and quickly turned around to walk into the kitchen.

I walked over to the cupboard, pulling out a pot and filling it with water. I lit the stove and placed the pot over the flame, waiting for the water to boil. As I waited, I pulled out the pasta and the pre-made sauce we had in the fridge from a couple of nights ago.

I cooked the pasta within fifteen minutes, serving it in bowls and placing them on the table.

"Dinner's ready!" I yelled, sitting down in front of my bowl. You see, normally I would've politely gone out and told anyone else, but I am so comfortable with the boys, it doesn't really matter to me.

I heard the sound of footsteps walking into the room and I watched the boys sit down in front of their bowls, smiling.

"This looks great," smiled Liam. I nodded and smiled in appreciation. Each one of them agreed, apart from Harry, who sat down in front of his bowl and stared at it.