Chapter 18

Chloe's POV

I washed the boys' clothes, not feeling like talking to anyone. I wiped away the tears of hurt and betrayal that steamed down my cheeks. I sniffled and leaned against the washing machine, sighing. This was the end of mine and Harry's friendship. He even said so himself. He knows I have feelings for him, but doesn't care. He changed back to the cold, mean, angry Harry and he even said so himself, that he won't be changing back.

I stood up straight and walked out of the laundry, scrubbing my cheeks free of my tears. I headed straight for the music room, knowing I'd be able to let out all my hurt and frustration into music.

I opened the door and headed for straight to the guitars. I picked up the sleek acoustic guitar and placed the strap around my shoulders and neck. I stood in front of the microphone, playing the opening cords to one of my favourite songs; Endlessly by The Cab.

"There's a shop down the street where they sell plastic rings, for a quarter or a piece, I swear it. Yeah I know that it's cheap, not like gold in your dreams, but I hope that you'll still wear it."

"Yeah, the ink may stain my skin, and my jeans may all be ripped. I'm not perfect, but I swear I'm perfect for you."

"There's no guarantee, that this'll be easy. It's not a miracle you need, believe me. Now I'm no angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessly. Wings aren't what you need, you need me."

I continued to strum the guitar, all my worries starting to lift off my shoulders. Music helps me with everything.

"There's a house on the hill with a view of the town, and I know how you adore it. So I'll work everyday through the sun and rain, until I can afford it."

"Yeah, your friends may think crazy, 'cause they can only see, I'm not perfect. But I swear I'm perfect for you."

"There's no guarantee that this'll be easy. It's not a miracle you need, believe me. Now I'm no angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessly. Wings aren't what you need, you need me. You need me. You need me. You need me. You need me."

"Yeah, the ink may stain my skin, and my jeans may all be ripped. I'm not perfect, but I swear I'm perfect for you."

"There's no guarantee that this'll be easy. It's not a miracle you need, believe me. Now I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessly. Wings aren't what you need. You need me. You need me. You need me. You need me. You need me. You need me."

"There's a shop down the street where they sell plastic rings, for a quarter or a piece, I swear it. Yeah I know that it's cheap, not like gold in your dreams, but I hope that you'll still wear it."

I finished playing the cords and smiled to myself and how much better I felt. I took the guitar off my shoulders and placed it back on the rack. I looked up, about to make my way out, when I stopped in my tracks seeing the five One Direction boys in the doorway.

"Uh, hi?" I said, my statement sounding like more a question.

They chuckled and, four of them smiled at me, four. Not five. Four. I think you guess which four smiled at me.

"You really are talented, Chloe," smiled Liam.

"Thanks," I blushed.

"Yeah, you seemed really into it. Looked like you were letting out all your frustration and anger into that song. Why would you be so angry? Is something wrong?" Asked Harry, fake worry drifting through his tone.

I looked at him in disbelief, pulling my bottom lip into my mouth, biting down harshly, preventing myself from saying some rude and stupid.

I let out a deep breath and looked to the other boys, who seemed to be a bit confused at our sudden change of behavior towards each other. I smiled at them before scratching my arm awkwardly.