Chapter 18 ❤️ Not jealous ❤️

I had fever for 2 days which is not surprising for me because I still have the dreams just not as often maybe because I was sick and do not have that much energy. Aunt Emma was worried and he told Ryan to come see me after school.  Well, she also did pay me a visit with Ryan, not that he came alone. The next morning, Mom urges me not to go to school. But, I can't just skip classes because of some nightmares, right? I'm not sleeping at school though.

"Mom, it's okay. I can go. I'm really okay. Look at me."

"You look like you are okay. But, I'm still worried." She gives me a frown.

"Mom, Harley is there. If something happens, you will be the first one Harley will call, right?"

"But, promise me. You must be careful. If you have a headache, immediately tell your teacher. Understand?" She holds my hands like she still doesn't want to let me go to school.

"Alright, Mom. I need to go now, ok?" I give her a kiss on her cheek and takes my car key.

"Wait. You're not driving today." Mom's voice stops me.

"Then, how can I go to school?"

Before Mom can answer my question, a hear a car horn from outside.

"I called Ryan." She just shrugged her shoulders.

"I should have expected that." I roll my eyes and put back my car key on the table.

"It's for your safety, okay." Mom opens the door for me.

I put on my sneakers and goes to Ryan's car. I wave my mother before get into his Mustang.

"Morning." He greeted me.

"Morning." I give him a smile.

"Not a good morning?" He asks me.

"It's good. Why do you ask?"

"Because your mother told me to fetch you but you want to drive. Right?" Ryan can read my mind. That's exactly the case is.

"Well, a mind reader? She still doesn't believe me when I said I'm already okay." I buckle up my seatbelt.

"Of course she's still worried. You don't easily get sick, right?" Ryan starts driving the car out of my neighborhood.

"How did you know?"

"Because when we we were playing in the rain, you didn't get sick while I had a fever for 3 days." His eyes still stick to the road.

I don't know what to answer when he reminds me our childhood memories. I just clear my throat and and look outside the window.

•••••

I go to my locker after English class. I need to eat lunch because Mom already called me and remind me to eat lunch. Everything's fine today until I meet someone I don't want to in my way.

"Hey, girl. Nice to meet you." Natasha says while stopping my way.

"What do you want?" I just roll my eyes because I'm not in the mood to argue with her.

"I just want to say that, even if you told him to help you or back up you, I'm not afraid. And I'll get what I want. It's so pathetic of you to tell him to talk to me."

Oh my god. This girl. I can't believe that there is someone as narrow-minded as her.

"I'm pathetic? I think you are pathetic to think that I actually told him to back up me. Are you sure you're not just feeling insecure? Because I think you are shameless to talk to me like that after he rejected you?"