13.IN THE RAIN

JOY' S POV

It was dark now and I had lost the track of time, I have been in Tae's home all afternoon. I was walking home. My house was 10 minutes far from Tae's and I enjoyed walking especially in nights like these. The sky was grey it seemed like it was going to rain any time soon. I liked the rain very much, and rainy days are my favorite because of all the melancholy and inner peace that I feel.

The only thing that was in my mind was the kiss. How could I be so stupid? Why I let him get what he wanted? He was not even my boyfriend and didn't even mentioned something like that. He was playing with me.

I always wanted someone to win my heart first and then he would be my one and only but it looks like he didn't have to do anything and already got my first kiss. It's your fault Joy. You let him get what he wanted.

He messed up my life and turned my world upside down. I feel so bad about all that had happened. I always was cold with other people especially boys and my attitude kept everyone away. What happened this time? Why I couldn't push him away? Maybe he was too persistent and that made it header. Or was because I like him? No I can't like him. He is a playboy and I wanted in my life someone totally different from his type.

I was so confused and I couldn't hold the tears that escaped my eyes. At the same time it started raining and my tears and the droplets falling from the sky became one. The storm that was happening inside me was bigger. I was soaking wet but I liked it. I walked slowly in the rain, in the empty road feeling the rain in my skin . Only the melody of rain could be heard , in my ears the falling of the droplets created a soft sound that gave me tranquility and unconsciously I started singing a song.  I had stopped in my spot, with eyes closed, my head held high and singing softly I was enjoying the moment and for a while forgetting all my worries.

It was than I heard my name being called. No it can't be possible. I have stayed with him all afternoon and now I am imagining his voice. I heard it again. That interrupted my peace and I returned my head from where the voice came. It was him for real. He was running in my direction. He was determined to piss me of and he had successfully done it.

"What do you want now? It wasn't enough what happened to the party? Are you not done yet with your games?"

"I wanted to accompany you home because it is dark and it isn't safe for a girl to walk alone at this hour." He said softly.

"I don't want nothing from you. Why are you after me? What do you really want? Because I am tired and I don't like playing games. Just tell me what are your intention with me. I am not that kind of girl to kiss the first guy that is in front of me. Why are you doing this to me?" I was half yelling and my tears couldn't stop falling. I was letting all my feeling go, I couldn't keep them inside anymore they were killing me. I wanted answers and I wanted to know what was happening in my life.

"I have told you once that I want you." He said smiling.

"You want me?! Please don't make  me laugh. You don't even know me. How can you want someone about whom you know nothing? I am tired of all this stupid games. Just leave me alone, don't come near me and continue your life. Move on at the other girl because you got what you wanted form me." I said and turned my back at him, walking home.

Suddenly a strong hand grasped my wrist. He turned me so we were facing each other.

"Where are you going without getting the answers for your questions?"

"I don't want to hear anything from you. So let me go." I said stubbornly.

"It is true that I want you and I don't joke when I say it. Yes I like you like I have never liked anyone before. You are the first one that has occupied my mind for weeks. With you in my mind  I wake up in the morning and you are the last thought before sleeping. You are even in my dreams.
I am not playing any game with you. I have never been so sincere in my life before.
I know very well that you are not that kind of girl to kiss anyone and maybe it was my fault too for not doing things right. I should have expressed my feelings first but I couldn't resist being  near you and not kiss those beautiful lips.
Believe me when I say that I want you  and it's not the kiss that I wanted about you. I want you for who you are. I like how strong you are and how you fight even when you are wrong. I like how you get shy and that red that colours your cheeks. And I like when your eyes get that dark green shade when you flight me back.
You know what I like mostly about you? Your beautiful voice. It is the best melody in the world."

I didn't expect something like that.I was surprised knowing all his feelings about me. I know he was speaking the truth, I saw it in his eyes but still a little part of me didn't believe him.

"I know you are having doubts but not all that people say about me are real. I am not the Jungkook that others think and if you give me a chance I will show the real me."

"It's something new what I am feeling about you Joy but I want to try it with you. I want to have you in my life, to get to know you better. I want someone to who I can be myself."

I was stunned looking at his eyes and I couldn't believe his words. He likes me. I was speechless.

We were staying just like that, with his hand holding mine, soaking wet in the middle of the road under the lights of the lam posts that lined the street.

Slowly he approached me and planted a kiss in my head. Smiling he looked at me.
"Let's take it slow."

I was very surprised so the only thing I did was nodding.
Without any other word he started walking at the direction I was going. With our hands intertwined we started walking in silence. The rain had stopped now and the only thing that could be heard were our steps in the wet concentrate.
They say that after the rain always shines the sun and this was exactly what I was experiencing. After a storm that happened inside me now the peace had returned and the sun was shining more brightly this time.
I felt happy and safe.

I haven't noticed how we got to my house, I was too overwhelmed to think about other things than his beautiful words.

"Thank you for accompanying me." I finally found my voice.

"You don't have to thank me. Its me who should thank you for permitting me to walk with you."

"Go home now quickly or your are going to catch a cold, your clothes are drenched." He said with a worried look.
"You are wet too." I said without looking in his eyes.

"But you are more wet than me, you are soaking wet." He said teasing.

"Good night." I said quickly and left to the building.

"Good night." He said laughing.
He wasn't moving from there, he was looking at me.

"Why aren't you going?"

"I won't go anywhere without making sure that you will get inside your house safe and sound." He answered seriously.
I entered my home and I knew I had some explanations to give to my mom but the happiness that I was feeling nothing could destroy it.

With him in my mind and a smile in my face I went to bed. All his words were repeating in my head. Maybe I should take this risk and for the first time let myself free and let my heart decide this time.