43 | Lovey-Dovey Weekend

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 40K!
Also! I'm working on the imagines & preferences book for Riverdale!

•••

"Honey, did you know that Mayor McCoy is resigning?" My mom asks as I walk into the living room as she's watching tv.

"No, she is?" I ask. Josie didn't mention this...
"Think it's the Lodges?" She asks smirking a bit. I know that look....

"Maybe..." I say and raise an eyebrow. "Mom, what's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing, honey. Nothing you need to worry about" she assures me. She's lying.

"Mom" I say warningly. "Maia, don't do this now" she stops me.

"Don't shut me out again, mom. Don't lie to me" I snap at her. "Fine! Sit down!" She shouts and I do as she said, that's when I notice her hands are shaking and she's nervous.

"It's Connor-he's-he's coming out of prison" She stutters. My heart stops beating, my eyes widen, my jaw drops to the floor and I can't breathe. "W-What?" I get out.

"He somehow got through to the guy you met with, he used him, now he's getting out, he's doing exactly what we we're afraid off, he's using Clay to take the fall. So, he's going free" Jessica gulps and I feel like I'm gonna throw up. "No.....not now! Everything's going so well!" I blurt out panicked and stand up.

"I-I can't breathe" I whisper and everything starts spinning. My mom tries to grab my arm but I shove her away, she tries to talk to me but I can't make out what she's saying.

"W-What about Fangs?" I whisper and grab my head before I fall to the floor. Everything's spinning and I get a harder time to breathe.

Fangs. He's the only one I can think about. What if my dad gets to Fangs? If he finds out about him, then it's over, he will kill him.....

It's over. I whisper the words and drop my head to the floor as I pass out from the lack of oxygen. I feel my moms arms pulling in me, but I can't open my eyes again.

---------------
I wake up to the feeling of laying in my own bed....I look around confused and hold my heavy head. I'm in my room.....

What happened? Was it a nightmare? Is the devil really coming back into our lives?

I grab my phone and hurriedly call Fangs, it goes straight to voicemail, then I try Jughead, no answer, then I try Toni, no answer.

I try Sweet Pea and he surprisingly answers. "Maia? Do you have any idea what time it is?" Pea snaps angrily.

"Obviously not bed time if you're awake, so what are you bitching about?" I retort.

"Shut it. Just get to the point" Pea says and I chuckle. "I need to talk to Fangs, it's kind of an emergency...." I say.

"Well, he's at the Whyte Wyrm for some meeting about his Serpent stripes" Pea explains. "Can you check up on him?" I ask before I can stop myself.

If my dad is getting out, he might as well have found out about Fangs, and he might already be trying to get to him.

"What? Why?" Sweet Pea asks confused. "Please, Sweet Pea! Just do it!" I snap panicked.

"Girl, calm down-why are you sounding like that?" Pea asks. "Please, Sweets, have I ever asked anything from you? No. Please, do this for me and check up on him" I beg him.