5 | Serpent Deal

I decided to have some fun today and I 'accidentally' found a picture from when I lived in riverdale as a kid.

I remembered now, I couldn't place the faces, but this picture shaped it—I snapped a picture of it and sent it to Jughead.

Betty giggled as I pointed out how I—as a kid, were teasing Jughead.

"This is hilarious! How did you find it?" Betty asked as she laughed.

"I had this feeling that I had seen you guys before when I first came, but I didn't think much over it. Then I found this old photo album and then I saw it" I explain and chuckle.

"That's amazing" Betty said and I nodded. "I'm so gonna blackmail Jughead with this" I say and Betty laughs.

"Oh, we gotta see Kevin" Betty said and I nodded and we found Kevin and sat down. "Hey. What happened last night?" Betty asked.

"Yeah. You said you were coming to Veronica's" I say and pout. "Yeah, something came up" Kevin said and shook his head with a chuckle as he saw my pouting face.

"Something in the woods?" Betty asked. "Betty, don't take this the wrong way, but how many years did I listen to you go on about Archie and Jughead?" Kevin said and I winced and silently oh'ed.

"Did you ask my permission to date them?" Kevin continued. "No. You didn't need it. And I don't need yours" Kevin said.

"Dating is one thing. This is—""—it's none of your business" Kevin finishes and packed his things up.

"I'll, uh, catch you later" Kevin said and I sent him an apologising look as he left.

"Kev" Betty said and scoffed. "He just needs to get his feet back on the ground" I tell Betty and pat her back.

"So, button-down Kevin Keller has a sex-drive. So what?" Cheryl said as she walked up to us and sat down. She gave me a look and I returned the favour.

"So, it's putting him in danger. Why won't he just stop?" Betty said.

"Oh, Betty. How little you know of the human psyche" Cheryl said with a smile.

"Kevin used to be a lonely, awkward fat boy with acne. Now he's a smoke-show" Cheryl said and I scoffed.

"And?" Betty said. "In his mind, he's still that unattractive Pugsley" Cheryl said.

"Kevin wants validation, connection, even if he has to find it in the woods" Cheryl explained.

"Even with a killer on the loose. Even if you don't approve" Cheryl continued and my phone started vibrating.

Cheryl got up and left and I pulled my phone out. "I gotta take this. Sorry" I tell Betty and walk away.

"It's your secret best friend. What can I do for ya?" I say in a fake British accent.

"Maia, if you show that goddamn picture to anyone—I'm gonna make your Sorry ass beg for forgiveness" Jughead says and I laugh at him.

"How? From the Southside? Good luck with that" I snort.

"Maia, I'm not kidding!" Jughead warns me.

"Oh What was that? Jug? I can't hear ya" I say and make fake noise before hanging up and rub my hands together and giggle.

————————

After school I drove to the Southside and towards The Whyte Wyrm. I decided to see an old friend of my dad.

I parked a few minutes away from the bar just to be safe and then I walked the rest there. As I get inside all the Serpents look at me as if I'm an insult—probably am. But who cares?