35 | Pickens Day

Beeping, that's all I hear. 24/7. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Kill it already!!

I open my eyes again, I can't get out of this sick hospital until another 2 days. It's been a week.

Fangs has been visiting me everyday, my mom and Fangs got each other to know—Clay survived the knife I had thrown in his chest and he was now in jail for the rest of his life.

My mom told me that she had visited my dad and she had told him what Clay had done, then my father had attacked Clay and was added another year to his 15 years. Clay almost didn't survive that one—my father was furious.

Fangs was furious, if he had only got there faster he could have done something.

Jughead was still seeing the amount of blood of me when he visited. FP, Toni and Sweet Pea also visited.

Basically everyone visited even Reggie and Cheryl, Josie and all those.

Fangs told me he started playing basketball with Sweet Pea and they kept pissing off the Bulldogs. I found it funny.

"Hey babe" Fangs says as he walks into my hospital room and I freeze. I stop pulling at the wires and my eyes widen—please don't bust my ass. Please do—"—What are you doing?" Fangs asks. Jesus he's such a mom now!

"Nothing" I groan and casually drop the wires connected to me. "How was your day?" I ask and sit up with a smile.

"It's was okay—we won over the Bulldogs again, Reggie was so pissed—he was shoved into the ground" Fangs says and sits in the edge of my bed and peck my lips.

"You have to be careful with that—he will snap, and when he does—it'll be bad, Reggie's a drama queen" I say and frown.

"I think we can handle a dog" Fangs says and rolls his eyes. Can I get out of here? Then I can smack Fangs' head and go to General Pickens Day thingy.

"Whatever" I say and sigh. "I'm so bored! Entertain me boyfriend!" I demand and cross my arms.

"I wish I could—but I have to go to General Pickens day and play security guard" Fangs says and I groan.

"You're not actually gonna do that? Right?" I ask in disbelief. "I don't know yet" Fangs says and I grab his hand and play with his rings.

"Can you smuggle me out of here?" I plead and pout.

"No, you need to get better, Maia—you need to—""—You mean you need to know that I'll be safe and locked up here? Cause I know, Fangs" I interrupt. He can't give me that speech when I know what it's really about.

"And this is prof of why I have to know that you're safe" Fangs retorts and nods at the wires around me and my stomach where he knows I'll have a scar on my side.

"I don't want to do this" I say and look down. Fangs sighs and lifts my chin.

"I'm sorry—I can't help it! I love you, Maia—I can't lose you" Fangs blurt out. I freeze and try to say something but Fangs are also frozen at his own words.

"I-I should get going" Fangs says and stands up. "No—Wait, Fogarty" I say and look up. Fangs sit back down carefully and looks down.

"Look at me" I whisper and lean forward. Fangs look up and I kiss him. "I love you, Fogarty" I say against his lips. He smiles and kiss me again.

"Will you ask again when I can get out of here?" I ask with a smirk as Fangs pulls away a bit.

"Of course" He says with a smile and then he pecks my lips before going out to find a nurse.

Hours later I'm allowed to leave, my mom picks me up and I begged her to let me go to Pickens day. So, I won and she gave me permission, but only if I went with some friends.

I came with Sweet Pea and Fangs, Sweet Pea and the rest of the Serpents were very—careful and they watched my every move to make sure I didn't fuck the stitches up or felt ill. Even SP went as far to make me promise him that if I felt bad—I would find some of them and they would help me home.

Fangs made me promise that no matter what, I stayed into his view. How was I supposed to know when I'm in his view or not? Jesus Christ.

"Hello, Riverdale. Happy Pickens Day. On behalf of Lodge Industries and Andrews Construction, we are thrilled to kick things off with a new twist on an old favourite. So, Veronica and the Pussycats" Fred Andrews says in the microphone and I meet up with Kevin who puts his arm around my shoulder and rub my arm comfortingly.

Veronica starts singing and I look towards Josie as I realise she's not there, in the scene. The Serpents come walking through the crowds and I give a small smile at Fangs.

"We're here representing the dead and the silenced. Pickens Day is a lie. General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, my grandfathers family, and this land, the land that we're standing on, that will soon give way to a new Southside, was stolen from them. And we can't bring them back. But we can and we must honour them" Toni rants and I nod. Mr. Lodge walks up to Veronica on the stage and grabs the mic.

"Hey, folks, hi. Uh—I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale where young people stand up for justice. Where a young woman can defend the honour and legacy of her grandfather. And where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale, that is the Southside, and that will be SoDale. So, let's hear a round of applause for that, am I right?" Mr. Lodge says and I sneak through the crowd and stand closer to Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs.

Everyone starts clapping, but I don't. This isn't right. "That's right. What do you say, people?" Mr. Lodge continues.

After the applause is done I reach up and carefully take the tape off Fangs' mouth and press a kiss to his lips.

"You did great" I say and smile as I pull away.

"Thank you" Fangs says and smiles a bit. The Serpents then starts to retrieve and get out of the Pickens Day area.

I follow Fangs and we take a moment to be alone. "I've missed this—being outside" I say and look around at the people and the trees.

"It was one week—I think you survived" Fangs retorts and laughs at me.

"It's not funny, there's been so much that I haven't been able to enjoy being free!" I exclaim and cross my arms.

"Careful with that—""—I know, momma Fogarty" I mock and Fangs glares at me.

Careful with that—you could rip your stitches up. I know! I've been told 50 times!

"That's not funny—by the way—they want to see you at the Whyte Wyrm" Fangs says and intervenes our fingers and we start walking.

"Why?" I ask confused. "They just want to see you more around, you're a Serpent, you were hurt, badly—some might feel a little guilty for not knowing you that well" Fangs says and shrugs a bit.

"Then let's go to the Whyte Wyrm and get some drinks!" I cheer only to get a glare from Fangs and Sweet Pea and Toni joined the glare contest. So, they're protective too.....

"I mean—water shots then" I correct with an eye roll. It's not healthy to drink wen you've been hurt. Someone said that—everyone told me. Help me someone.

A/N: Kinda Sweet idk chapter! Hope you liked it!