22 | Jail Time

A/N: 3K!? Shit.....

"You guys, um, I'm worried about my dad. The town is turning on him. He's trying his best under crazy circumstances, but this Black Hood stuff is getting to him" Kevin tells, Veronica, Betty and I as we walk down the hall.

"How is he dealing with it?" I ask and raise an eyebrow. "Yeah what's he been doing?" Betty asks.

"He's not sleeping. He's not eating. I hear him rummaging around the house, talking to himself, just heading out in the middle of the night" Kevin says and I frown.

"Where is he going?" All three of us ask on the same time and Kevin looks at us startled.

"I don't know. Whatever it is, it's like he's a different person" Kevin says and the three of us shares a look. Betty and Veronica step aside to talk and I squeal as I have Kevin for myself.

"Kev! There's something I need to tell you" I say and smile. Kevin smiles automatically at my reaction.

"What is it?" He asks. "I'm seeing someone" I cheer and Kevin chuckles. "Really? That's great! Who is it?" He asks.

I take a step closer to him and make a motion for him to lean down, so I can whisper it and he does.

"He's a Serpent and his name is Fangs" I whisper and Kevin's eyes widen and he pulls back.

"No way!" He blurts out shocked. "A Serpent? You and a Serpent? How? When?" Kevin asks shocked.

"Well, actually I met him on my first week here in Riverdale, it's only happened recently, but it's getting pretty serious" I say and smile.

"Is he hot?" Kevin asks and winks at me. "Oh god—if he's hot? Where do I even start!" I gasp and Kevin smiles and laughs at me.

"Tell me everything!" Kevin says and I nod, before walking down the hall with him. I told him the basics—not all of the accidents and all the fights that's happened, but other than that, he got the story.

"But please—Kevin don't tell anyone, I don't want them to know yet—especially with all this fuss about the Southside and the Serpents going around" I plead him and he nods understanding.

"Of course, I won't tell anyone. I promise" Kevin says and I nod. "Thank you, so much Kev!" I say and then the bell rings.

"Gotta go, I have bio" I tell Kev and he nods before giving me a bye. I pull my phone out and see Fangs texted me.

Fangs: Hey, sorry I can't make it after school. We'll figure out something else, promise

Maia: That's okay, my mom wants to talk to me too, but I'll call you later? 

Well, that sucks now I can't escape my mom and whatever she wanted to tell me.

————————————

My mom was waiting for me when I got home, she uncrossed her arms and told me to come into her office with her.

Then it means that something is definitely wrong! "Mom, What is it?" I ask as she asks me to sit down.

"Maia, honey, I don't want to scare you, but...." my mom start but takes a deep breath and pauses. "What is it?" I ask worried.

"Your father, Connor, he has—he has reached out to us, your fathers lawyer has contacted me. H-He wants to see us" My mom stutters.

"What? I thought he couldn't? That was part of the deal? Wasn't it?" I ask and stand up again.

"He wants to see us, Maia. He's gonna force us to, if we don't do it" My mom says and I look at her in worry and regret.

"When?" I barely whisper. "Tomorrow at 3 after school, so we'll go" My mom says and I look down.

"I'm not gonna go, mom. I can't face him" I say and shake my head, my mum soothes me and brings me into a hug.

The thought of him. Had my whole body shaking and my mind thinking of how we were going to get out of this again.

——————————

"So, the reason we called you guys in here—" Betty starts and Jughead smiles"—my dad is getting out of jail" Jug says and I smile big.

"Really? That's great!" I say and smile at him. "Jug, that's great" Archie says.

"Yeah. What heralded this miracle?" Veronica asks and smiles widely. Archie sends Jug a look and Jughead stumbles over his words.

"Uh, overcrowding at the jail. I guess the judge reviewed my dads case, and after Cheryl's testimony, it was a perfect storm" Jughead says and I eye him suspiciously.

"What do you need from us, Jug?" Archie asks.

"Both of us" Betty says, "we have a new lead in the Black Hood case. And Jughead and I were wondering if you guys would follow up on it for us" Betty says to Veronica and Archie.

"We can give you all of the details, the articles" Betty says and I notice the weird vibe coming from both Veronica and Archie.

"It's just that I have to be there for my dad, to help with his re-entry, so—""—Uh Yeah, and I'm just taking a break from the Black Hood" Betty say.

"Wait, so, you want us to be—you guys?" Veronica asks and I snort. "Essentially, Yes" Jughead says and I smirk at Veronica and Archie.

"What, is there a problem with that?" Jughead asks as Veronica and Archie looks at each other quickly looks away again.

Veronica shakes her head and Archie looks away. I'd be damned, trouble in paradise?

"Hey, Jug. I just want to congratulate you once again, this is huge! I hope he gets a huge party for his return" I say and hug him.

"Thank you, and actually Betty and I are just gonna treat him at Pop's and then we're just gonna take it from there" Jughead says and I nod.

"That's great, I'm sure everything's gonna be great" I say and say goodbye to Jughead before leaving school to see Fangs.

He's waiting for me in his trailer, so I drive there and as soon as I get in I kiss him and just hug him.

I really need it, if I even have to reconsider of seeing my dad tomorrow, I need Fangs.

"Hey, are you okay, babe?" Fangs asks and I look up at him. "Remember that thing my mom told me, she wanted to tell me?" I ask and look down again.

"Yeah?"

"My dad wants to see us, his lawyer contacted us" I say and sigh. "Couldn't he just have called or something?" Fangs asks confused.

"No, we cut a deal when my dad got arrested, we wanted nothing to do with him, so we made a deal that prevented him from contacting us, now it's going through his lawyer" I tell him and he nods.

"What happens if you don't go?" Fangs carefully asks. "Then hell breaks loose" I say and pull away, if mom and I didn't obey his orders, we would pay for it. Like everyone else.

A/N: Will she go and see her dad? Will she end up getting hurt if she says no?