52 | In Unity There Is Strength

A/N: There's 3 chapters left guys then the book ends 😔

•••

I was lucky to get in a cell next to Fangs', they didn't want to let us share on tho. Stupid peasants. Idiots! Morons! How the hell could they think we killed someone?!

Right now, Fangs we're getting interrogated, it had already been my turn. Fangs is breaking, I'm breaking too. We're going to jail for something we didn't even do?

"You're being held because you were in possession of a weapon on school property" Attorney McCoy tells Fangs and I rest my head against the bars.

"The switchblade's for protection" Fangs says. "Yes, they have 24 hours to make something stick. In the meantime, you two exercise your right to remain the hell silent" Attorney McCoy says. And Fangs grabs the bars once again.

"They're holding Maia for the video, the rage she showed when Jughead filmed her, they think you're either the killer or accessory to Midge Klump's murder" McCoy says turning to me and I sigh. "She didn't do it" Fangs says defending me.

"I know, but they don't and right now you two are the closest to getting the killer. Even though you two are not the real killer" Sierra says. "Has my mom been here yet?" I ask Jug.

"She's on her way, she sounded very stressed though" Jughead says concerned. Fangs and I share a knowing look.

"Yeah, can't blame her" I mumble. "What was that?" McCoy asks interested.

"It's...it's my dad. He's coming back to Riverdale, he's dangerous, and we can't escape him if he first gets into the city" I tell her and Fangs reaches through the bars to hold my hand.

"I have heard about Connor, he is dangerous, if I may ask, how will you and your mom handle this?" Sierra asks concerned and steps towards me. "I don't know, we had a plan, but that went the other way and then he got released instead. A divorce wouldn't work, he would get someone to come after us, he wouldn't let go" I say and look at Fangs.

"Maybe, I can have a chat with your mom, perhaps we can figure something out" Sierra says smirking a bit and I smile a bit hopeful.

•••

"Just got off the phone with Betty. The Black Hood turned the town hall into his own shooting gallery while Fangs and Maia was here. So why are the Sheriffs still holding them?" Jughead snaps.

"What happened tonight and what happened to Midge are being treated as separate incidents. But if the sheriff doesn't press charges int He next hour, he has to let you go" Sierra tells us and we both breathe out in relief.

"But there are protestors outside, Jughead. Their release is going to make a lot of people in this town very unhappy" McCoy says and I look at Fangs with concern.

•••

"Mom, I didn't do it, and Fangs certainly didn't do anything!" I tell my mom as she finally arrived. "I know, I believe you, and I know the two of you, I know you're not capable of this" she says assuringly and put a hand in both Fangs and I's cheeks.

"You're getting out of here, okay? And when you do, I'm gonna take the two of you, out of the town for a few weeks. So, everything can calm down and everything to turn back to normal" She says and I nod.

"Thank you, Mrs. Anderson" Fangs says softly. "I think after all this, you can call me Jessica" my mom says with a smile and Fangs smiles back and nods.